Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Classic Film RangeFinders & Other Classics > Kodak Retina and Ektra Rangefinders

Kodak Retina and Ektra Rangefinders This forum is for 35mm Kodak Retinas and Ektras rangefinders. The Retinas are known for their German engineering, relatively modest price and superb lenses. The Ektras are known as by far the finest 35mm American made rangefinder ever made.

Why is this subforum so specific to Ektar?
Old 01-20-2018   #1
skucera

Why is this subforum so specific to Ektar?

Being dyslexic, I originally thought this subforum was for Kodak Ektra rangefinder cameras, which I thought was odd because it was so extraordinarily expensive when it was offered for sale from 1941, and amazing though they may be, they're very rare. Then I realized I had misread the title... duh!

But still... why is this so specific to Ektar lenses? This has to be the only subforum devoted just to the high-line lens offerings for a camera company, rather than for the camera manufacturer in general.

Can we please open this Kodak subforum to all Kodak rangefinders, with all the lenses offered? I have several Kodak cameras but none with Ektar lenses. Heck, I even have a couple of Kodak rangefinders, one of which I got just this week, a Kodak 35 Rangefinder built in 1941 with an Anastigmat Special lens.

Scott
1969 Canon New Canonet QL17-L
1976 Konica Autoreflex T3n
1977 Canon 110ED 20
1979 Minox 35 GL
1979 Olympus XA
1980 Pentax Auto 110
1987 Polaroid Spectra
1996 Canon EOS Elan IIe

Old 01-22-2018   #2
Dez
Bodger Extraordinaire

Well, we have many other forum pages that are for a single lens, so it can get more specific. I have a question about the Ektra and posted it here, and got only one reply, which didn't address the question. I moved it to a general RF photography page, and got nothing at all, so I guess RFF is not a hotbed of Kodak enthusiasts.

Cheers,
Dez

Old 01-22-2018   #3
citizen99

^^^^^ I guess it's a reflection of the camera's rarity. Sorry I can't help with your question either, but I do like Kodaks of that era (I have a Medalist and an early Kodak 35); finding the nice pictures on your original thread got my Gear Acquisition desires working . Maybe a 'bump' of the thread from time to time might catch the eye of someone who can. Best of luck .