Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Leicas and other Leica Mount Cameras > Voigtlander Bessa Leica Mount Cameras

Voigtlander Bessa Leica Mount Cameras Made in Japan by Cosina in partnership with Voigtlander, the many modern Voigtlander Leica Screw Mount and Leica M mount bodies offer inexpensive and often unique options into entering the world of Leica rangefinder photography.

View Poll Results: Trigger winder vs side grip on R2
Side grip 57 41.30%
Trigger winder 38 27.54%
Keep it naked baby 32 23.19%
No comment 11 7.97%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-25-2011   #41
rbsinto

Location: Thornhill, Ontario, Canada Thornhill is a suburb of Toronto
I'd recommend the trigger winder, simply because it is both a grip and a winder, while the grip only performs the one function.

Old 07-25-2011   #42
jmilkins
Digited User

Having spent more time with the trigger, and becoming smoother using it, Ive come to appreciate it more. it adds a funkiness to the Bessa that I like and reminds me of the heft or solidity of my Leica. Maybe it damps the vibrations a little too..maybe not..

My gallery
The FlickR

"To ∞, and beyond!" B. Lightyear, 1995.

Old 07-25-2011   #43
Peter_Jones

I liked the extra weight and heft of the trigger winder. I rarely used the trigger, but I found it improved the handling (and yes, i tried the grip too, but found the winder more comfortable).

More importantly, it looks great

Old 07-27-2011   #44
agoglanian
Reconnected.

I noticed on one of my rolls some overlap and irregular frame spacing. I am certain this was caused by me pulling the trigger too quickly. I still need to get the rhythm down right.

However I did not notice any issue switching between the regular wind lever and the trigger winder. Seems to be ok.

M-A | M10 | Q | 500CM

Instagram. | Website.

Old 02-27-2019   #45
Rayt

I have the trigger on the camera for the heft and do not use it as a winder. The heft balances out the lens and I like the handling.

Old 02-27-2019   #46
xasthur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayt View Post
I have the trigger on the camera for the heft and do not use it as a winder. The heft balances out the lens and I like the handling.
I was gonna ask that about the winder, with it on can you still use the normal advance lever or must you use the actual winder lever?

Also, has anyone one here ever modified the normal grip and add another lug to it so it can hang vertical? If so any advice how it can be done properly?

Old 03-16-2019   #47
Yokosuka_Mike
The Beat Goes On

Quote:
Originally Posted by xasthur View Post
I was gonna ask that about the winder, with it on can you still use the normal advance lever or must you use the actual winder lever?
I have the trigger winder on my Bessa T and I have never used it for advancing the film. The normal lever still works just fine.

Itís a very nice grip.

Mike