Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Digital Cameras > Micro 4/3 Cameras Olympus Panasonic

Micro 4/3 Cameras Olympus Panasonic This forum is for all Micro 4/3 cameras of any camera make.

Tried a Panasonic GX9 with a 7 Artisans 25/1.8
Old 09-14-2019   #1
kshapero
Leave the lights on

Tried a Panasonic GX9 with a 7 Artisans 25/1.8

Tried out a Pany GX9 with a 7 Artisan 25/1.8, which is a nifty little manual focus lens witha FOV of 50 mm. It was a hell of a lot of fun. Kinda like a Leica M9 with a Voigt 50/1.5. Big difference, smaller, lighter but not flimsy at all. Pretty cool.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kshapero

Cameras, Lenses and Photos

Old 09-14-2019   #2
Huss

I briefly had the 7A 25 1.8 on my Olympus EM10mk2. Once the novelty wore off of using a native m43 mount manual lens I replaced it with the Oly 25 1.8 which was better in every way imaginable. Apart from price.

Old 09-17-2019   #3
zuiko85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huss View Post
I briefly had the 7A 25 1.8 on my Olympus EM10mk2. Once the novelty wore off of using a native m43 mount manual lens I replaced it with the Oly 25 1.8 which was better in every way imaginable. Apart from price.
Given the price difference, would you still consider the Zuiko a better value than the 7 Artisan?
I just bought a EM10 used, and, with a limited budget, am fighting with myself whether to spend the whole budget on one Zuiko auto focus lens. Or, spread it out on a couple of third party manual focus lenses.
If I get any Olympus lens it would be the 25mm f1.8.
Right now B&H has them for $250, more than I paid for the body...but there you are.

Old 09-17-2019   #4
Huss

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuiko85 View Post
Given the price difference, would you still consider the Zuiko a better value than the 7 Artisan?
I just bought a EM10 used, and, with a limited budget, am fighting with myself whether to spend the whole budget on one Zuiko auto focus lens. Or, spread it out on a couple of third party manual focus lenses.
If I get any Olympus lens it would be the 25mm f1.8.
Right now B&H has them for $250, more than I paid for the body...but there you are.
Most definitely. The Oly is Leica quality glass - I have lots of Leica glass so I'm not kidding. The 7A 25 is from before 7A upping their game. It's nice enough but is left in the dust by the Olympus. I think it is a rebadged lens.
AF is fantastic on the Oly, it works with the IBIS, mf is really good. Really when I bought the 7A I had buyer's remorse as I knew I should have just got the Oly, instead of wasting money and having to buy again.

Old 09-18-2019   #5
Ko.Fe.
Kostya Fedot

Using manual lenses on AF cameras is too limiting for me.
I like OM lenses with AF to MF switch and real focus scale.
But my OM manual pancake and OM OVF is all I have for now from 4/3.