Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Leicas and other Leica Mount Cameras > Voigtlander Lenses and Images

Voigtlander Lenses and Images Post threads showing images from Cosina Voigtlander Leica mount lenses here.

Bayonet Type Cap for the 35/2.0 Ultron?
Old 09-08-2019   #1
Sonnar2

Bayonet Type Cap for the 35/2.0 Ultron?

The thick original lens cap of the new small Ultron is annoying and prone to lose it. Where can I find a bayonet Type cap? Old Zeiss Ikon lenses have them (larger diameter) and supposedly very few C/V lenses, but l'm not aware which one.

Old 09-08-2019   #2
nickthetasmaniac

I have no useful suggestions, but I agree that Voigtlander lens caps* really suck. I've had five CV's now and I love them all, but the caps have been consistently terrible.

Well, nice to get that off my chest

*To clarify, I specifically mean the plastic pinch type, not the metal ones.

Instagram @other_strange_creatures

Old 09-08-2019   #3
Sonnar2

I never lost one of the push-on felt-lined caps of the V/C LTM-lenses. They didn't enhanced the size of them notably. Too sad they stop making this lenses more and more! The cap of the 35/2 gets off each time storing it in tight cases (and I don't carry suitcases when using my RF stuff).

Old 09-08-2019   #4
Deardorff38

The 28mm 3.5, 35mm 2.5, 50mm 2.5 metal caps are very nice. The pinch type as on the 35 1.4 are always falling off

Old 09-08-2019   #5
Archlich

Measure the lens' exterior diameter and try one of the various Kaiser push-on caps B&H sells.

Old 09-08-2019   #6
Deardorff38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archlich View Post
Measure the lens' exterior diameter and try one of the various Kaiser push-on caps B&H sells.
Exactly what i was thinking too.

Old 09-08-2019   #7
Sonnar2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archlich View Post
Push-on caps not fitting well on lenses with outer bayonets. I already tried some of my stock, 43mm (Schneider, too tight) or 44mm (too lose).
Workaround is a snap-on cap thinner than the Voigtlander, which will not drop so quickly -- and keep waiting for someone making caps fitting the outer bayonets.