Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Leicas and other Leica Mount Cameras > Voigtlander Bessa Leica Mount Cameras

Voigtlander Bessa Leica Mount Cameras Made in Japan by Cosina in partnership with Voigtlander, the many modern Voigtlander Leica Screw Mount and Leica M mount bodies offer inexpensive and often unique options into entering the world of Leica rangefinder photography.

Voigtlander Bessa-L repair manual ?
Old 02-02-2019   #1
fullframe35

Voigtlander Bessa-L repair manual ?

Does anyone have one?

I have a Bessa-L that developed the take-up-spool-slippage syndrome. I've done a complete teardown of the camera to get to a long spring in the take-up spool that's not apparently doing anything but living there and slipping up and down the spool axle. I also have compared it with a Cosina, which has the same innards as the Voigt, but there's no free-sliding spring there.

I'm happy to share pictures of the teardown if they'd help anyone.

But i'm really looking for a repair manual, or at least some exploded views of the Bessa-L and where things should sit precisely, because I have some questions.

Don't burn me at the stake for posting a question about a non-rangefinder here, please!

Cheers,
[email protected]

Old 02-06-2019   #2
ToyotaFanKK

Hmm, my Cosina CT-1a has had a slippy takeup spool for years and it doesn't pose a problem as long as I tension the film with the rewind crank before I start shooting.

Old 02-08-2019   #3
fullframe35

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFanKK View Post
Hmm, my Cosina CT-1a has had a slippy takeup spool for years and it doesn't pose a problem as long as I tension the film with the rewind crank before I start shooting.
Yes, the Cosina is well-behaved. Tensioning doesn't help with the Voigt though, because the take-up spool slips even though the feeder gears at the exposure window continue to crank the film through. That causes a buildup of exposed film that eventually prevents winding after from 5 to 15 exposures.

I've had the thing all apart and compared it with a working version, but I can't seem to find the difference between the two.