Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Classic Film RangeFinders & Other Classics > TLR Forum - Twin Lens Reflex

TLR Forum - Twin Lens Reflex another alternative to the dreaded SLR way of seeing, this forum for all format TLR cameras

Rolleiflex 3.5f compatibility with Rolleimarine IV underwater housing
Old 06-03-2019   #1
Anthony Orange

Rolleiflex 3.5f compatibility with Rolleimarine IV underwater housing

I need some advice. I have a Rolleiflex 3.5f type2 serial 2236938. I have opportunity to purchase a very nice rolleimarine housing at reasonable cost. I would like to use it. The problem is the Rollei Marine IV requires type 3 or 4 3.5f cameras. Serial 2250000 or later. Well the dimensions of the camera are the same. The only difference is that on type 2 cameras if you look down at the peep window the aperture numbers are towards you and the speeds are away from you. On types three and four this is reversed. Most importantly on types 1 and 2 the largest aperture 3.5 is to the left. On 3 and 4 the largest aperture is to the right. When you put camera in housing you set camera to infinity ,set aperture to 22 and shutter to 500.Could I just set the aperture to 3.5 and remember it is going up and not down when I turn the out side knob ? Please help.