Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Leicas and other Leica Mount Cameras > Leica M -- Leica CL / Minolta CLE

Leica M -- Leica CL / Minolta CLE This forum is about all things Leica CL and Minolta CLE, remarkable compact M cameras

Flash Sync Problem with Leica CL
Old 1 Week Ago   #1
davidde1000

Flash Sync Problem with Leica CL

I started shooting flash (Leica SF20 & Nikon SB30) on my CL but the 1/60 sync is not working. The bottom quarter of the negs are blacked out. Checking the shutter with the back off and flash attached confirms that the shutter isn't opening all the way. It does not have this problem in normal non-flash operation. Does anyone know how to home fix? Otherwise i guess I could send it in for service if it is something that could be fixed.

Thanks!

Old 1 Week Ago   #2
Dwig

Since the non-flash images are fine, the shutter is opening all the way. That part of the image is blank indicates that the second shutter blade set has already closed part way when the flash fires. It is either a case of the flashes being confused by incompatible TTL protocols or the shutter is mis-adjusted.