35mm lux pre asph on a Leica Monochrom
Old 04-18-2014   #1
SYD_TRIBE

Has anyone tried this combination and if so, whats your opinion of how they work together and image quality?

Old 05-02-2014   #2
Y.B. Hudson III

MM, iso 360, 650/sec; 35 Summilux @ f/1.7, B+W 090

Old 05-02-2014   #3
Y.B. Hudson III

Yeah, if you like glow, and champagne bubbles, soft corners, and feeble resolution; but it has it's moments ...

Old 09-30-2015   #4
drec
Rangeflounder

I quite like the pre-asph 35 on my M-M. The lens characteristics are the same as on other cameras-- tack sharp at f4 and up, nice glow and enough sharpness for me at f1.4

My copy must be back-focused at 1.4 in order to produce a sharp enough image-- if I focus accurately, it will come out too soft, hence the lens' poor reputation amongst some. It was optimized for infinity focus at f2.8, I believe. The CV 35/1.4, in contrast, is reportedly optimized for focus at 1.4 with focus issues at f4. I usually shoot twice the frames at f1.4 to make sure I get the shot I want.

Old 11-20-2015   #5
drec
Rangeflounder

I love mine. I only use classic lenses on my M-M partly out of costing less but also because the Bayer-less sensor gets to the root of the matter so well. Where a Bayer camera might obscure more of that fine detail beneath the glow, the M-M still can capture the nuance. The above image was f4 I think.

I am curious as to how the Soviet lenses would do on this. For the above reason, I think they would be killer!

Definite buy!