Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Leicas and other Leica Mount Cameras > Voigtlander Bessa Leica Mount Cameras

Voigtlander Bessa Leica Mount Cameras Made in Japan by Cosina in partnership with Voigtlander, the many modern Voigtlander Leica Screw Mount and Leica M mount bodies offer inexpensive and often unique options into entering the world of Leica rangefinder photography.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

New Member, New Bessa T!
Old 12-16-2019   #1
agentlossing

New Member, New Bessa T!

Hello folks, I thought I'd start a thread to relate my thoughts about the Voigtlander Bessa T, which is currently on its way to me from Japan. I have been watching M and M39 mount rangefinders for quite a while and finally caved for one of the Heliar 101 kits. I honestly don't know that I will keep the 50mm f3.5, but I am really itching to at least try it out. Same goes for the T, I want to see how easily I can use the rangefinder in concert with the VF.

I have shot digital and film for quite a while, but sort of took a long hiatus from film after every development option in my area became a wait of at least a couple weeks (plus I live half an hour from the nearest location, so it's an extra trip included for both drop-off and pick-up). Recently, however, I decided to jump back in with B&W film and do the developing myself - at this point, I've just been using Cinestill's DF96 Monobath, super easy to use, but am enjoying my results without getting any more complicated. I use an Epson V550 to scan the negatives. It's not a bad system, and minimal in the amount of equipment and space required. Mainly I am using the Ricoh 500G fixed-lens rangefinder for my latest film stuff.

I'll check back in with my impressions of the T! Nice to find a forum dedicated to RF use!