Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Classic Film RangeFinders & Other Classics > Half Frames / Subminiatures

Half Frames / Subminiatures This forum is for all half frame 35mm cameras, including the very popular Olympus Pens and their SLR cousins, the Pen F and Pen FT, as well as all smaller than half frame subminiature film cameras.

Minox photos
Old 06-24-2017   #1
jbrubaker

Minox photos

I decided to get out the Minox and try something different today. I used to shoot tech pan film in Minox back when it was still available, but I don't have any more of it. I do have Agfa Copex Rapid in the freezer, so I slit a few strips from 16mm stock, shot a test roll and processed in Diafine. This combination is surprisingly good. A couple examples are attached.

Old 06-24-2017   #2
zuiko85

Very nice. Wish I wasn't so tied up with house repairs, I should give my IIIs some exercise. The only film I have right now to load into it is some expired Ilford Pan F but that should do for small prints.

Old 06-24-2017   #3
David Murphy

Wow very sharp images for such a tiny negative. Is this the same thing as "Agfa COPEX Rapid AHU Source Document Film" in 100' 16mm rolls? Another question, which model of Minox do you have?
Canon L1, Leotax S, Bessa R2C, Konica Autoreflex, Canon FX, Pentax Spotmatic, Minolta SRT-101, Nikon F, Exakta VX, Miranda Automex II, Leotax K3, Yashica Mat LM, Leotax S, Pen FT, Rollei 35S, Ricoh Singlex TLS, Kowa Six, Pentax K1000, Canonflex, Praktina, Voigtlander R2C

http://legacycamera.wordpress.com

Old 06-24-2017   #4
Doug

Tiny format cameras pose an interesting photographic challenge... When I used my Pentax Auto 110 cameras, I tried to pick photo subjects where textures were not important because even that larger (16mm!) format struggled with that... I concentrated on scenes with strong graphic elements or people doing interesting things. IMO scenes with important textures call for a much larger negative size. But the small camera is so handy to have with you... and fun. Had to be incredibly careful in the darkroom...

Old 06-24-2017   #5
jbrubaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Murphy View Post
Wow very sharp images for such a tiny negative. Is this the same thing as "Agfa COPEX Rapid AHU Source Document Film" in 100' 16mm rolls? Another question, which model of Minox do you have?
Yes I think that is the same film. I shot these using a Minox LX. Regards---john.