Leica M2 flash solutions
Old 10-09-2019   #1
d.dulin

Leica M2 flash solutions

Looking for a powerful yet small(ish) flash solution for my M2. Along that search i found the Nikon SB-15 flash which has a port for PC connection. I am wondering what the PC size on the back on M2(/3) is called and if they make small adapter cables with each type (normal Pc and the old style) on opposite ends. Other information that would also be appreciated is alternative small/ cheap/ strong flashes with built in PC cable that will fit the M2 style connector.

Old 10-09-2019   #2
froyd

Mecabitz 34AF? It's the one I use the most even though I have smaller units. Good compromise of features weight and power.

Old 10-09-2019   #3
giganova

There's tons of "automatic" (non-TTL) flashes on Ebay with a PC cord that go for as little as a few dollars because nobody uses them anymore. You can pick any. My favorite are the Mecabitz 32 series.

And yes, the M2 "nipple" adaptors for PC cord are widely available, for example this one.

Old 10-09-2019   #4
froyd

Should have added that the other compact flash I use is the Sunpak PF20XD, but it requires a hot shoe/PC adapter, which adds to the bulk. See here for an example. In the end, I use the Mecablitz much more, reserving the Sunpak for whenever I just want a flash in my back pocket for those cameras that have a hot shoe.

Old 10-13-2019   #5
GarageBoy

It's Leica specific port
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F123759379835