Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Gearhead Delights > Photo Accessories / Bags/ Meters / Tripods etc

Photo Accessories / Bags/ Meters / Tripods etc A place to discuss the delights of photo accessories, including bags, meters, tripods, filters, straps, camera cases, lens hoods, anything non digital that can make your gearhead life a little bit more enjoyable.

Custom made camera bag
Old 02-06-2019   #1
mpaniagua

Custom made camera bag

There is a leather worker shop around my work place and seems they make some pretty good works. I was thinking about ordering a custom made camera bag for my leica and 2 lens.

Any suggestion about leather type? any special treatment I should ask? something I should watch out for? padding material?

I was thinking on a worn look camera bag, most likely light brown or burgundy, similar to the ONA bowery.

Any suggestion is welcome.

Best regards

Marcelo

Old 02-06-2019   #2
Sumarongi
Registered Vaudevillain

subscribed...

I just have the opportunity to experiment myself since I have some squaremetres of good furniture leather leftover in my house. Let's see whether or not I will have success

Old 02-06-2019   #3
Darthfeeble
But you can call me Steve

I've thought of this for years, but then it would be another bag laying around the house. I've a fancy for distressed leather and Lambskin is as soft as it gets. I have an aviator's jacket that is living in fear right now.......

Old 02-06-2019   #4
Dogman

What type of leather? Does anyone else remember "rich Corinthian leather"?

Old 02-06-2019   #5
Tony Whitney

Now that brings back memories! Ricardo Montalban starring in Chrysler's TV ads and pushing those awful K-cars. I guess it created jobs among the Corinthians and gave a boost to the economy of Corinth!