Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Classic Film RangeFinders & Other Classics > FSU Former Soviet Union RF

FSU Former Soviet Union RF This forum is for the Former Soviet Union rangefinder cameras, especially the many and various Fed, Zorki, and Kiev.

Festival of Youth
Old 07-05-2013   #1
kievan81

Festival of Youth

Hi,
is camera with Festival of youth engraving worth more?

I'm interested in this one since it's priced not different than the normal one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/zorki-S-indu...item2ec72ccba6

Old 07-05-2013   #2
pakeha

I don`t know, but I do know that the fine print is confusing...body only mentioned three times yet the large print includes lens

Old 07-05-2013   #3
Dez
Bodger Extraordinaire

I see the listing is afflicted with the usual wildly-inaccurate default ebay descriptive text. Does anyone know how to approach ebay about getting these corrected?

Cheers,
Dez

Old 07-06-2013   #4
wolves3012

They are not worth any more unless you are willing to pay it. The commemorative "Festival of Youth" engraved examples are very common so they really aren't worth any premium. As for incorrect descriptions, Dez, message the seller and tell them. They *might* amend the listing - or not! I have told one particular UK seller several times about his over-hyped and inaccurate descriptions on FSU gear. He usually amends that listing then the next one contains the usual rubbish about how Zorkis were made in Krasnogorsk, in the Ukraine (must've moved it!) using captured german tooling from Zeiss.
Leica IIIC
Yashica Minister III
Zenith C, Zenit C, Zenit E
Minolta XG-M, XD-5
Nikon P50
Panasonic Lumix G2, 14-42 Kit lens + 45-150mm

"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." - Benjamin Franklin

Old 07-06-2013   #5
kievan81

Thanks wolves! Since I already have zorki c on the way, I'll just forget about this one

Old 07-06-2013   #6
Ron (Netherlands)

If the Z1 S works, the price is quite reasonable considering it comes with that nice industar lens and the description 'Festivalnia' is a nice addition...

Leica: IIa synch conversion, IIIb, M6 TTL Millenium, 2x Rolleicord Vb, 2x Rolleiflex 3.5F white face, Rolleiflex 2.8A, 5x ICA Tropica

My Flickr

Old 07-06-2013   #7
Dez
Bodger Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolves3012 View Post
They are not worth any more unless you are willing to pay it. The commemorative "Festival of Youth" engraved examples are very common so they really aren't worth any premium. As for incorrect descriptions, Dez, message the seller and tell them. They *might* amend the listing - or not! I have told one particular UK seller several times about his over-hyped and inaccurate descriptions on FSU gear. He usually amends that listing then the next one contains the usual rubbish about how Zorkis were made in Krasnogorsk, in the Ukraine (must've moved it!) using captured german tooling from Zeiss.
It's not the seller's verbiage that concerns me, it's the default guff that ebay will always insert if you don't try hard to avoid it. In descriptions of old cameras, this stuff is almost always wrong, often hilariously so.

Cheers,
Dez