Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Classic Film RangeFinders & Other Classics > SLRs - the unRF

SLRs - the unRF For those of you who must talk about SLRs, if only to confirm they are not RF.

Any Love for Mamiya Sekor
Old 06-01-2013   #1
yanchep_mike
Always Trying

Any Love for Mamiya Sekor

Got a Mamiya DSX1000 with Mamiya Sekor 55mmf1.8 for $40.
Broken Film Transport and meter problematic, fixed the film transport and shoot test roll, i like how the lens renders very nice. Anybody else has used them.

This is wide open at 1/30sec on polypanf.

Old 06-01-2013   #2
Ranchu
-

That lens is very nice, I have a slightly earlier version, color is very clean. I use it adapted to canon eos film bodies. I'm less enthused about the Mamiya bodies, I've not had a fully working one..

Old 06-01-2013   #3
pakeha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranchu View Post
That lens is very nice, I have a slightly earlier version, color is very clean. I use it adapted to canon eos film bodies. I'm less enthused about the Mamiya bodies, I've not had a fully working one..
HA, i have just today picked up 2 ZM bodies that I sent for repair.1 with mirror stuck and 1 with tight wind on. Of the 4 bodies, all have been working fine for the past 5-6 years untill these problems.

Old 06-01-2013   #4
nikon_sam
Shooter of Film...

I have the Mamiya m645 camera with several of the Mamiya-Sekor lenses and of the ones I have I really like the 110mm...it's very sharp...and I do own the 80mm 1.9
pf

Old 06-02-2013   #5
Spanik

I really like tha Mamiya stuff in medium format. Got a 645J, Super and ProTL in 6x4.5 and C330 and C220 in 6x6. Dependable, easy to find and far better then I'll ever need.

Old 06-02-2013   #6
Thardy

I have an RZ and 645AFD which I like. I also have a couple of 35mm slr (ZE I think) which I don't really care for.

Flickr

Tumblr

Old 06-02-2013   #7
one90guy

I got a NC1000S back in February, lots of plastic but seems well built and great Mamiya lens. Only operating problem is the light meter is off about 2 stops.

David

Old 06-02-2013   #8
willie_901

My first camera is a Mamiya-Sekor 500 TL SLR. This was the bottom of the line way back them. It still works. The winder mechanism has been tight from day one and has not gotten better or worse for over four decades. The 50/2 lens is quite nice.

The camera needs a CLA. It sits on display with my grandfathers Argus C3.
Basically, I mean, ah—well, let’s say that for me anyway when a photograph is interesting, it’s interesting because of the kind of photographic problem it states—which has to do with the . . . contest between content and form.
Garry Winogrand
williamchuttonjr.com

Old 06-02-2013   #9
L Collins
-

My first camera was a MMiya Semor 528Tl, back in 1969. wanted a Nikon F really bad, but I was only 10 and my father thought we should start slow as it probably was just a fad I'd outgrow.

Fixed 48mm f2.8 manual SLR. the perfect camera to learn with.

In a sentimental mood, I found one on EBay for $5 awhile back and use it as a paperweight.

Old 06-02-2013   #10
wblynch

The first real camera I ever used was a borrowed Mamiya 500TL with a ~50mm lens (1.7?)

I came across a box of old photos just the other day and many from that camera were in there. They were very sharp and contrasty with nice bokeh. (I never even heard of bokeh at that time!)

Loved that camera.

Old 06-02-2013   #11
[email protected]

i bought and gave away a mamiya ze. the lens are good as are
all mamiya lens, however the late bodies aren't as
robust and suffers from electronic failures.

Old 06-02-2013   #12
ruby.monkey

I've never tried their small stuff, but my RZ67 Pro II is one of my favourite cameras, and my C330f and 645 Pro TL are regular walkabout companions.

Old 06-03-2013   #13
tunalegs
Pretended Artist

The Mamiya 2/50 is one of the sharpest M42 lenses around. I've had a 1000DTL and 500DTL. Did not like the cameras as much as the lenses.

Old 06-03-2013   #14
oftheherd

I remember reading reviews of the Mamiya 35mm cameras. The only Mamiya cameras I have or had, were the Super Press 23, which has good lenses and the Mamiya Six. I had to do some work on the Mamiya Six, or rather use it to work on another, so the one roll I have put through it remains undeveloped.

Old 06-03-2013   #15
KoNickon
Nick Merritt

Mr. Gandy has a very good writeup of the Auto XTL on his website -- based largely on it, I put together a pretty extensive kit back some years ago. Have since sold it; the body never quite seemed very reliable, notwithstanding the fine efforts of Essex Camera (RIP?) to make it work right.

Old 06-03-2013   #16
shadowfox
Darkroom printing lives

If you're looking at a good camera to go with the exceptional Mamiya lenses, try the Mamiya NC1000 series. I've written about it on this forum.