Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Rangefinder Forum > Photography General Interest

Photography General Interest Neat Photo stuff NOT particularly about Rangefinders.

Old 02-06-2016   #41
AJShepherd

Sigma to develop a full frame Foveon sensor, and Cosina to put that in a body based on the Bessa R3.

Old 02-06-2016   #42
Spanik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayt View Post
I want an SWC with shift.
Would a Plaubel 69W Proshift fit your wish?

Old 02-06-2016   #43
Tijmendal
Young photog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanik View Post
Would a Plaubel 69W Proshift fit your wish?
Never heard of this camera, but damn it's sexy!

Old 02-09-2016   #44
thawkins

An M3 with an opening back, a quick reload system like the QL17 and the same size as the Zorki "C".

A thread worth reviving (I reckon)
Old 01-01-2019   #45
ozmoose

A thread worth reviving (I reckon)

The Rolleifex TLR. Any Rolleiflex, if it's working properly and (ideally but not necessarily) has a 'T' coated lens for better color rendition.

As a second choice, a Rolleicord, with the same conditions as above.

Pros: Mechanical perfection, simplicity of use, portability, relatively few but mostly sensible accessories, , superb optics,, limited number of images (12, 16 or 24) per roll of film, which limits or eliminates outright the deplorable digital machine-gun attitude to photography.

Cons: None I can think of, really. Oh - the cost of 120 roll film in Australia. Anyone suggesting "Rolleis produce static photographs" need to seriously rethink their approach and attitude to image-making.

Anyone who can't make good images with a Rollei TLR should seriously consider giving up photography.

Yes, an old thread, but in this 'silly season' time of year when it seems a tradition that very little gets posted to titillate the mind, well worth reviving.

Old 01-02-2019   #46
narsuitus

A Fuji X-Pro2 with Leica rangefinder focusing.

Old 01-02-2019   #47
colker
-

A 300 dollar M10...

Old 01-02-2019   #48
Timmyjoe

It just returned to me with a new sensor. My silver Leica M Monochrom (version 1).

Very Happy New Year.

Best,
-Tim

New Photo Books
Sturgis Stories
& Scenes From Sturgis
now available

Old 01-02-2019   #49
Godfrey
somewhat colored

I can't imagine a perfect camera.

I have cameras in several different types, shapes, sizes, and capabilities. All are perfect for some of the things I do. No one camera could be all of them.

G

Old 01-02-2019   #50
airfrogusmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyjoe View Post
It just returned to me with a new sensor. My silver Leica M Monochrom (version 1).

Very Happy New Year.

Best,
-Tim
Congrats. Will we see some images soon?

I to really love my original MM.

Old 01-02-2019   #51
BLKRCAT
99% Film

it's like no one read the OP

My perfect camera is the M5.

For an imaginary camera I would love a Mamiya 7 with better build quality, collapsing lens mount like the mamiya 6 and an 80mm F2.8 lens

Old 01-02-2019   #52
Sega

Ideal would be a manual digital RF where you upgraded the parts, not the camera each time, naturally though from a business sense it would cause bankruptcy in months so I doubt it would happen.

Old 01-02-2019   #53
Peter_S

Fuji GFX 50R with monochrome sensor in 6:7 format.
Beater Leica X1

www.ps-photo.net
On instagram

Old 01-03-2019   #54
DougK
This space left blank

Well as long as we're dreaming, why not a Hasselblad-type SLR in 127 format with interchangeable lenses and backs? I'd have a ton of fun with a system like that.

Old 01-03-2019   #55
Ko.Fe.
Kostya Fedot

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKRCAT View Post
it's like no one read the OP

My perfect camera is the M5.

For an imaginary camera I would love a Mamiya 7 with better build quality, collapsing lens mount like the mamiya 6 and an 80mm F2.8 lens
I guess I didn't follow it first time. I'll follow you.

My imaginary camera is M with 21 to 35 frame lines, Bessa R4A cost, M7 shutter and every five years CLA and parts guaranteed for next fifty+ years.
At Kiev-2 CLA price in Kiev!.

Old 01-03-2019   #56
CMur12

My favorite cameras are TLRs: Minolta Autocords and the Mamiya C330f (though I have others, as well, including Rolleis). I like that they are well built and neither one bends film over a roller before it passes over the filmgate. Minolta solved this by drawing the film from the top, over the filmgate, THEN over the roller. Mamiya solved it with a straight film path from roll to take-up spool.

I suppose it would be nice to get either of these cameras with Zeiss, Schneider, or German Voigtländer lenses. I would point out, however, that the Tessar-type Rokkor in the Autocord is already a pretty darn good lens and I have always been happy with the output from my Mamiyas.

- Murray

Old 01-04-2019   #57
jsrockit

I would like a full frame Fujifilm X-Pro. That is it. And an iPhone with a 1" sensor.

Old 01-04-2019   #58
E.M

My perfect camera is already there , a Nikon F6 , maybe a few more focussing points would be nice , but not really . I have a F5 which is my most used camera ever , but it's a bit on the big size . More importantly I want a perfect lens and perfect film ( Kodachrome comes to mind ) . C i a o !

Old 01-04-2019   #59
besk

Nikon N75 with pro grade components and construction comes to mind.

Old 01-04-2019   #60
Rob-F
Likes Leicas

Referring to the OP, I don't feel the need to improve the X100's AF or reduce its size. It pretty much is the perfect camera of its type--for what it is. It would be nice to have an X100W (Wide) with maybe a 25mm or 28mm lens equivalent.

I think the Leica M6, M7, and MP would be perfect cameras of their type if the framelines were not undersized at distances longer than 0.7M. That especially goes for the 50mm frameline. And I'd like to have an M9 with a magnification lower than the present .68. Why is there not a .58 M9 (or M240, etc.)? That would make it the perfect Leica of its type, for us wide-angle guys.

An XPAN with a frame width of 54mm (not the existing 65mm) to match the gate dimensions of the Hasselblad PCP80 projector, and, of course, a viewfinder to match. The aspect ratio would be 2.25:1. Not as wide as the XPAN, but it would be already wider than 70mm Panavision (2.21:1). That's wide enough. And a 38mm Biogon would be the ideal lens to have on it (for me). The Goldilocks focal length for it, and faster than the XPAN 30mm with no need for a center filter.

Or a stretch model Nikon FE2 with 54mm gate width--the SLR XPAN! (XLRPAN?) Lens to suit. The 28mm PC will cover that field, but I'd like a 35mm or 38mm for it. And a digital version of same. Perfect cameras of their types.

Old 01-04-2019   #61
emraphoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfrey View Post
I can't imagine a perfect camera.

I have cameras in several different types, shapes, sizes, and capabilities. All are perfect for some of the things I do. No one camera could be all of them.

G
Second that. After many, many years I have distilled it down to a Ricoh GRii, Panasonic LX100 and a Linhoff field setup. Haven't been even interested in what else ia available or the newest tech. I can fit all of it in a Filson field bag with 10 loaded backs and a bunch of batteries for the digital. Well, tripod over the shoulder

Old 01-04-2019   #62
Larry Cloetta

Perfect for what? If you lived underwater, the perfect camera would be a Nikonos.

Photography offers a world of possibilities and enjoyment, but you’re gonna need more than one camera to experience all of it.

“I only own one screwdriver, but it’s perfect.” Meh.

Old 01-04-2019   #63
seagrove
Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I would like Olympus to stop messing about with micro four thirds and build the camera that the real Olympus fans want. A full frame digital based on the OM1 that will take all those wonderful Zuiko lenses that are out there. Nikon did a pretty decent job with their DF and it was generally well received ... I think Olympus should stop sitting on their hands and build the damned thing!

I'd have one in a heartbeat!
I would also considered a full frame Oly. Started with an OM-10 and moved on to the 2S and 4/4T (Best metering system ever!)

Old 01-04-2019   #64
narsuitus

Medium format rangefinder camera built on the Fuji GW670 III film rangefinder but with a 6x7cm digital sensor, interchangeable lenses, and typical Fuji image quality.

Old 01-04-2019   #65
FujiLove

Quote:
Originally Posted by FujiLove View Post
A Pentax 67, that's the size and weight of a Mamiya 6, with the build quality of a Rolleiflex, but still dirt cheap.

As that camera doesn't exist, I think I've settled on it being a 3.5f.
And I later realised it was actually just the Mamiya 6. But definitely with all three lenses.

Old 01-04-2019   #66
Canyongazer
Canyongazer

Canyongazer, circa 2015

Dear Santa,
I wish for an updated successor to the Fuji X Pro1.
They could call it the "Pro2" :-))

If you do, I promise not to whine for a Pro 3 in 2019.

I'll be done with new cameras.

PS....Mrs Canyongazer says "I've heard that one before.
And before.
And befo..."

Fuji X Pro2
Fuji X E2
Fuji X100s
Panasonic GX1 w/ 20mm F1.7
Nikon D800E

introspection.zenfolio.com

Old 01-04-2019   #67
Darthfeeble
But you can call me Steve

I'm pretty close to it with the Fuji XE3, I'd like to see AF lenses with geared manual focus and about the size of Leica lenses. Oh, and something better than the two manual focus assists.

Old 01-04-2019   #68
splitimageview

X-E3 is my favorite digital I’ve ever owned. I’ve had plenty of digital variety but the small size, great sensor, and great optics put it at the top.

It’s just plain fun.

For film I’m really liking my Contax G1 with 45mm. About the same size as the X-E3. I’ve had several over the years, but am really appreciating it more now. Again, fantastic optics and small size. By no means perfect, but I can live with the quirks; all cameras have them, after all.

Also for film, the little Barnacks! Had lots of Ms over the years but I’m fully pre-M now and I doubt I’ll ever go back...

Old 01-04-2019   #69
Gid

To the original question - the X100F is close. Definitely faster but the same size. Personally, I'd like an X100F and X Pro 2 with bayer sensors - everything else is just fine IMHO.

My Top Ten

Gid

Old 01-05-2019   #70
Dogman

Nothing is perfect. Some guy said that on the internet, I hear. Wisdom.

Okay, my perfect camera is already here--Fuji X-Pro. Whether it be the -1, -2 or -whatever, the design is pretty much perfect. For me anyway.

Oh, it could use some refinements as Fuji has done in the step from the -1 to the -2. But the whole structure of the basic design fits me very well. Maybe round off the body a tad, enlarge the viewfinder and eyepiece...but don't enlarge the overall size of the machine. Keep refining the sensor and processor as technology rolls on. Maybe remove some of the extraneous features (video, Wi-Fi, "advanced" filters, etc.). Stuff I don't use but have to buy anyway. And do keep making those superb Fujinon prime lenses. They're the icing...the gravy of the system.

Old 01-05-2019   #71
Canyongazer
Canyongazer

+1

What you said, Dogman.

Fuji X Pro2
Fuji X E2
Fuji X100s
Panasonic GX1 w/ 20mm F1.7
Nikon D800E

introspection.zenfolio.com

Old 01-05-2019   #72
BillBlackwell

50 megapixel FF Leica M-mount camera, with Leica SL style EVF and RF-style focusing, at a cost of <$4,000!

Old 01-05-2019   #73
raid
Dad Photographer

I am so used to my Canon F1N as a film camera, so a digital FF version in M mount of it may be my perfect camera. I would need controls to stay very basic and without excessive options that distract. I need my built-in spotmeter.

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/rffg...n.php?cid=7007

http://raid.smugmug.com/