Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Gearhead Delights > Repair / Camera Care

Repair / Camera Care This is a good place to discuss the care and repair of your photo gear. You can share Do-It-Yourself repair and maintenance, as well as your recommendations for pro repairs. This new forum was created 4/1/07. PLEASE title your thread wisely, so others searching for a certain make of camera or repair person can find your thread easily!

Older 35mm fixed-lens rangefinder repairs?
Old 06-26-2019   #1
ChrisPlatt
Thread Killer

Older 35mm fixed-lens rangefinder repairs?

I have various circa-1960 Japanese fixed-lens 35mm meterless rangefinder cameras that need CLA.

Repairmen I have used in the past for these are no longer available.

Need recommendation for someone - a forum member perhaps - that currently services such cameras at modest cost.

TIA,
Chris

Old 06-28-2019   #2
RObert Budding

I bought a fully serviced Olympus RD from Zack's Camera Repair in Providence. I'm very happy with the camera and with the CLA he performed on it.
http://www.zackscamerarepair.biz/

"He could be right, he could be wrong. I think he's wrong but he says it in such a sincere way. You have to think he thinks he's right."
~ Bob Dylan

Old 06-28-2019   #3
splitimageview

Try Dave Easterwood, davescamera.net

Older RF Repair
Old 08-18-2019   #4
DennisM

Older RF Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisPlatt View Post
I have various circa-1960 Japanese fixed-lens 35mm meterless rangefinder cameras that need CLA.

Need recommendation for someone - a forum member perhaps - that currently services such cameras at modest cost.

TIA,
Chris
Contact Bergen County Camera in Westwood, NJ and ask for "camera repair." They use two repairmen; one had performed CLA's on several cameras of mine including an Olympus 35 RC. Outstanding results.

Old 08-18-2019   #5
Robert Lai

Frank Marshman is my go to guy for almost everything besides Leica (DAG). He's done a lot of work on my Fuji 645 folder, several Mamiyaflex TLRs, and various sundry other cameras. At the moment he has my Plaubel Makina W67 that he's fixing the meter for. I would give him a call or email him.

Frank Marshman
[email protected]
Tel: 540-867-9671 or 540-705-0127

Old 08-18-2019   #6
Gregm61

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisPlatt View Post

TIA,
Chris
One of the saved sellers I have on ebay is someone who goes by the handle "rolleifanatic35", who sells both Rollei 35's and other fixed lens compacts of the same era. I recently purchased an Olympus 35RD from him and it is in fantastic condition, with a cleaned finder, excellent rangefinder, meter calibrated to a currently available battery and is fully accurate, etc.

Here are his current offerings. Maybe you should contact him and see if he services cameras for others?

https://www.ebay.com/sch/rolleifanat...88.m1543.l2654

Old 08-19-2019   #7
johnnyrod
More cameras than shots

If you mean leaf shutter type then if you are willing to have a go, they are not too complex.