Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Nikon Mirrorless

Nikon Mirrorless Overdue about 3 years, the Nikon Mirrorless system finally arrived in 2018!

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #81
Archiver

@Huss - the Nikon Z6 is about the same size as the Panasonic GH4, which I happily use as a walkaround camera. Adding an adapter to fit M lenses won't be an issue at all, I do it already with the GH4. The GH4 with Novoflex adapter and Voigtlander Nokton 35/1.4 is a compact and easy to use package, I'm just hoping that the Z6 would perform well enough with these lenses to be worth it as a Leica M body alternative. Those lenses look very cool on the Z!

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #82
albertospa

Now I have a Nikon Z6 with 24-70 / 4 and 50 1.8.
With the Z6 I am also using my Leica M lenses with great satisfaction. I have not yet made direct comparisons but I can say that they work very well on this Nikon. In particular, I'm sure, they don't suffer from the drop in definition, especially at the edges, which I found with my Sony A7 II. The downside is that I find it problematic to focus manually. (For manual focus I think the rangefinder can't be beat).
Another very unpleasant feature is that, although setting the focal length and brightness of the lens (ibis) on the camera, the data does not appear on the exif.

These are some photos taken with Summicron 35 IV

[IMG]DSC_0272bn by albertospa, su Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]DSC_0276bn by albertospa, su Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]DSC_2181bn by albertospa, su Flickr[/IMG]

This is the Summilux 50 II

[IMG]DSC_2138bn by albertospa, su Flickr[/IMG]

website https://www.albertospa.com/

flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/albertospa/

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #83
Archiver

@albertospa - the fine detail in that man's mustache and beard is amazing. I didn't think the Z6 would be that sharp with a M lens. How do you find the 50 Summilux compared with the native Z 50/1.8?

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #84
albertospa

I have recently been using the 50 Nikkor and I see that it is a lens with very high definition on average on the whole field and at all diaphragms. It has an excellent blurred soft and constant enough.
The Summilux 50 II has a high definition especially in the center and less at the edges. The blur is gradual, sometimes soft and sometimes broken up, but always very pleasant. It is a lens that can have many souls depending on the diaphragm used and the light.
The fundamental difference between the two lenses is at full aperture. Nikkor has a more distributed definition throughout the field, Summilux definition mainly in the central area.
Obviously an important difference is the autofocus of the nikkor.

website https://www.albertospa.com/

flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/albertospa/