Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Gearhead Delights > DIYS Modifications

DIYS Modifications DIYS aka Do It Yourself Projects - mostly gear modifications

metz 402 battery charger
Old 07-08-2018   #1
jgrainger

metz 402 battery charger

I hope this is the correct forum section..

Hello,

I'm soon to be in need of a charger for a Metz 402 - it's not included with the flash and battery.

Looking online the chargers seem to basically be a power adaptor with the right plug on the end - like a laptop power adaptor.

Does the powerpack include a charging circuit like inside a laptop, or does the mains charger do more than lower the voltage and convert to DC?

I ask because I've a bunch of power adaptors from which to choose a suitable candidate for putting a new connector on the end of.. and it's not like the 402 is valuable nowadays.

Thank you,

Jonathan

Old 07-15-2018   #2
jgrainger

To follow up, I managed to get a nearly new metz 45 with an included metz 2nd charger which is close enough and was probably included after originally being bought in error for the 45.