One doubt
Old 01-20-2013   #1
xavi

One doubt

Good morning and sorry for my english.
I have a reasonable doubt. I'm looking for a second body to accompany my M8 and I have decided that it must be a Fuji X system camera, but it has come the opportunity to buy an M9. I can expend about 2000 euros, so the question is this:
. Stay with my Leica M8 + 25mm + CV 35mm CZ and buy Fuji + 35mm or.
. change my Leica M8 + 2000 euros for a M9 and sell the 25mm CZ to buy a 50mm.
What must i do?
thanks

Old 01-20-2013   #2
JayC
5 kids,3 dogs,only 1 wife

I had an m8.2, sold it for an xpro1, and sold that for an m9. I feel ya', it's tough to decide.

Old 01-21-2013   #3
fti

Difficult decision indeed. I think you need to ask yourself why you wanted another camera to accompany the M8. The M9 other than the 35mmfov, iso's, serviceability, and some other smaller differences isn't that different from the M8.

If it was up to me, I'd go for the M9 and not look back and work on my lenses instead of expanding more bodies. But I don't shoot professionally, or require a camera necessitated by any particular purpose. I just go out shooting and have fun with it.

The M9 and a 50mm or 35mm summicron is a great combo. I currently shoot a summicron 35mm (v4) exclusively on the m9 and am more than happy with it.

Old 01-21-2013   #4
Lss

If you need two bodies, one M9 is never enough.

Old 01-21-2013   #5
Richard G

Live dangerously: get the M9. The X100 is my digital backup. It's great, but a lot it can't cover compared to the M9. My backup this week is an M2.

In the film Ronin, the de Niro character, supposedly ex-CIA, says, in reference to a colleague they have some doubts about, "Whenever there is any doubt, there is no doubt."

Old 01-21-2013   #6
William Temple
Portraits with Stories

I'd go with the M8 + Xpro1. I understand your want for another body, I have an M8 and a D700, the slr mainly for commercial work and for anything the M8 can't do. The Xpro1 can do much more than the M8 with, video, auto focus and the ability to see through the lens means you can adapt almost any lens! If you don't like it you can soon sell it for another M8, but if you don't try you will never know!

Old 01-21-2013   #7
xavi

Difficult decision still!!

Old 01-21-2013   #8
daniel_aj7

I'd pick the M9 and if u r lucky enough to have change, get an x100 as back up. They can be had for pretty cheap nowadays, but the files are brilliant.

Old 01-21-2013   #9
Godfrey
somewhat colored

Go for the M9. If you want a second camera, a Ricoh GXR with M-mount camera unit is designed to use the same lenses. If you prefer a fixed lens auto camera, you can't go wrong with a Leica X2.

G

Old 01-21-2013   #10
icebear

If you get the M9, you stay within the M system and can use your lenses on both cameras - which you can't with a Fuji.

my gallery:http://www.rangefinderforum.com/rffg...d=6650&showall

Old 01-21-2013   #11
IEDEI

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavi View Post
Good morning and sorry for my english.
I have a reasonable doubt. I'm looking for a second body to accompany my M8 and I have decided that it must be a Fuji X system camera, but it has come the opportunity to buy an M9. I can expend about 2000 euros, so the question is this:
. Stay with my Leica M8 + 25mm + CV 35mm CZ and buy Fuji + 35mm or.
. change my Leica M8 + 2000 euros for a M9 and sell the 25mm CZ to buy a 50mm.
What must i do?
thanks
if i were you, i'd keep the M8 and get a Ricoh GXR with A12 M-mount as your 2nd camera.....however IF you are dead set on a Fuji system....then keep the M8 and get a Fuji....

the M9 is a great camera, however i think spending on lenses is far more fruitful than spending to diminish the differences between an M8 and M9....at least IMO.

or as the 3rd (and best option, IMO), keep the M8 and spend that 2000 euros on some kickass lenses.

Old 01-21-2013   #12
thegman

If you like the M8, and want a similar camera with a full frame sensor, then an M9 seems like a good buy. If you're not bothered about full frame, then the M8 seems fine to stick with.

Old 01-21-2013   #13
xavi

The question is M8 with another camera (maybe a Fuji XPRO1 with 35mm) or just M9. I'm happy with my M8, not FF is strictly needed. I think i'll keep my M8 and i'll buy another body
Thank's guys
xavi

Old 01-21-2013   #14
Godfrey
somewhat colored

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavi View Post
The question is M8 with another camera (maybe a Fuji XPRO1 with 35mm) or just M9. I'm happy with my M8, not FF is strictly needed. I think i'll keep my M8 and i'll buy another body
Thank's guys
xavi
I'd go the other way and get the M9, stick with that alone. For me, it's simply a better body. I'd rather have just the best body than multiple systems.

Diff'rent folks, diff'rent strokes. ;-)

G

Old 01-22-2013   #15
jsrockit

Quote:
Originally Posted by icebear View Post
If you get the M9, you stay within the M system and can use your lenses on both cameras - which you can't with a Fuji.
technically, he can use his lenses on the Fuji as well.

Old 01-22-2013   #16
Katie

Get the xpro and keep all the lenses to share with the m8.

Old 01-22-2013   #17
ShinX414
camera geek

if you feel comfortable with the leica system then stay. The xp1 is a totally different camera to handle compared to the m9. the downside is that manual focusing with the EVF is still not as easy as other systems since it misses the peaking mode feature or other focus confirmation. so basically you can use m-lenses on the xp1 but i feel much better using native fuji lenses on the xp1. if you truely need high iso capability just go for the xp1. i have the m9 and the xp1 and i do use m-lenses on the xp1 but not as often as i intended to do so in the beginning.