Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Classic Film RangeFinders & Other Classics > SLRs - the unRF

SLRs - the unRF For those of you who must talk about SLRs, if only to confirm they are not RF.

nikon d200
Old 02-22-2008   #1
xavi

nikon d200

Well, i'm user of a RF cameras (G2 and M4), but the price of the slide film and the difficulty to find in my town, made me think about the possibility of going digital. I've find in my town one Nikon D2oo body for 800 euros. What do you think?. It's a good choice?
thank's...

Old 02-22-2008   #2
Teus
Thijs Deschildre

D200 user here, they go very cheaply since the D300. The layout of the D300 resembles the D200 for 95%, most functionality has stayed the same. the biggest differences are a bigger screen, improved AF and better noise performance. The D200 is still an excellent, very capable camera. Only noise performance is a bit outdated, but below ISO800 there's no problem.

they're fine cameras, with less clutter in their layout than the Dxx series. no idea if the very recent Dxx cameras have better dynamics and color reproduction, because that's what it's all about. I started shooting film again recently, and am buying myself into the leica M system. Just watch out because digital colors have a way different feeling than film. I prefer digital colors for daily shooting, but will use some Velvia from time to time.

Old 02-22-2008   #3
GeneW

I use a D200. It's an excellent choice if you like using Nikkor primes. It, and the D300, meter correctly with older manual-focus lenses and you can register the lens with the body (via a menu fuction) so it captures the focal length and aperture used into the EXIF data. Good build and good ergonomics.

Gene

thank's
Old 02-22-2008   #4
xavi

thank's

thanks a lot both
i'll try with it.
salut
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneW
I use a D200. It's an excellent choice if you like using Nikkor primes. It, and the D300, meter correctly with older manual-focus lenses and you can register the lens with the body (via a menu fuction) so it captures the focal length and aperture used into the EXIF data. Good build and good ergonomics.

Gene

Old 02-22-2008   #5
Todd.Hanz

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneW

Gene

Agree, Agree, Agree

The D200 is an excellent way to get into digital, the ability to use manual nikon lenses with metering cements the choice for me. The images are very film like, esp. at 800 to 1600. Good Luck and check out the samples over at NCU:
http://www.nikoncamerauser.com/modules.php?name=Jig, alot of members here are members there.

Todd