what negative film...?
Old 02-20-2008   #1
xavi

what negative film...?

Hi,
I need help to be able to choose a negative film that it allows to obtain results similar to the provia 100 that I use habitually.
Every day is more difficult to obtain this provia film and I have decided to try with the negative film and the scanner. What do you advise me?.
Thank you
xavi

Old 02-20-2008   #2
payasam
a.k.a. Mukul Dube

Don't know if anyone can answer without knowing what exactly it is you want. I'd advise trying out a few different emulsions to see which one best suits you.
Flickr gallery

Old 02-20-2008   #3
kully
Happy Snapper

I love Provia100F too You arn't going to get the same with C41, but I've found Reala 100 to be good.

Where are you based? If you can't find it locally I can pop you a roll in the post.

Old 02-20-2008   #4
craygc

A C41 emulsion is never going to look like an E6 emulsion. As well, A C41 scan is going to typically look much flatter than a slide scan and need more post processing. They are just very different animals

Old 02-21-2008   #5
xavi

thank's everyone. Sorry to be so late.Problems with my PC...
I'll try reala (thank's Kully).
I know they are "They are just very different animals", but i need an alternative 'cause so and so it's more difficult to find slide film. And very expensive.
Maybe in less than a year, i'll go digital.
salut

Old 02-22-2008   #6
giellaleafapmu

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavi
thank's everyone. Sorry to be so late.Problems with my PC...
I'll try reala (thank's Kully).
I know they are "They are just very different animals", but i need an alternative 'cause so and so it's more difficult to find slide film. And very expensive.
Maybe in less than a year, i'll go digital.
salut
Digital will be also another animal alltogether...

Anyway, despite agreeing with what other people said if I really needed to try to get closed to the Reala look with a negative film I would try with a Fuji emulsion, what about Proplus 100 for a start?

GLF