Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Classic Film RangeFinders & Other Classics > Half Frames / Subminiatures

Half Frames / Subminiatures This forum is for all half frame 35mm cameras, including the very popular Olympus Pens and their SLR cousins, the Pen F and Pen FT, as well as all smaller than half frame subminiature film cameras.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old 11-23-2019   #36
zuiko85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pál_K View Post
For quality images on a small format, it's hard to beat Minox or the Minolta 16mm. Next step up is Pentax 110.

Has the Nickelodeon Photoblaster been mentioned? Obviously a toy, it is possible to make "movies" with its 4-shots per frame format.

Don't cringe when you see it. It's actually interesting.

https://www.lomography.com/magazine/...n-photoblaster
The thing about Minox 8X11 and Minolta 16 is that they are very ‘hands on’ , you really should expect to do your own film loading, processing, and scanning, (or optical printing, if that is your thing), plus film slitting for the Minox and for the 16 also if you cannot find acceptable films in stock.
Over 25 years I’ve acquired all the items needed so that now my film cost is less than $1 per 20 exposure roll for my Minolta 16. If you tried to buy all the things I have now they would run over $500, at least.