Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

M10/M10-P Questions
Old 11-10-2019   #1
healyzh

M10/M10-P Questions

Even before my M9 developed sensor corrosion (so far minor corrosion in the upper left corner, so I can still use it for now), I was starting to think seriously about the M10. Now that I need to either get the sensor fixed on the M9, or upgrade, I've been doing a lot of research. On Friday, Leica had a couple of Reps at my local camera store, and I went in to check out the M10. They had the M10-P, which is the model I'm looking at the most. Since looking at it, and taking some test shots in the store, I've come up with some additional questions. I've been trying to find info online, and looked through the manual, but didn't really find answers.

Somehow in looking at both the M (Type 240), and the M10, I'd not realized that Leica has moved to digitally projected framelines until this last Friday. Does this give any greater accuracy on the Framelines? Does it help in low-light? Basically, what are the benefits?

For the virtual horizon only show in Live View, or does it show up in the rangefinder window somehow?

When I went in, I took a card, and a couple lenses to test with, a 1935 28mm Hektor f/6.8 and a 1960's 35mm Summaron f/2.8. After buying a D800 years ago, I wanted to see how the 24MP sensor would react to these lenses. They offered to let me test it outside, but honestly, I had no interest in that, I'm convinced of its abilities outside. I wanted to see how it worked in the store, and in a darkened showroom. I was not disappointed, quite the opposite actually. Last night on an Art Walk, after dark, I found myself dreaming of the M10 (I had my M9 and a 35mm Nokton f/1.4 MC).

My flickr photostream

My Zane's Photography website