Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Rangefinder Forum > Image Processing: Darkroom / Lightroom / Film

Image Processing: Darkroom / Lightroom / Film Discuss Image processing -- traditional darkoom or digital lightroom here. Notice there are subcategories to narrow down subject matter. .

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 11-05-2017   #41
Daryl J.
Registered User
 
Daryl J. is offline
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 378
Blue Moon Camera and Machine in Portland, OR.
  Reply With Quote

Thank you for the reminder about Willow Labs
Old 11-05-2017   #42
Tim Murphy
Registered User
 
Tim Murphy is offline
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Posts: 407
Thank you for the reminder about Willow Labs

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidnewtonguitars View Post
I do my own b&w, so only send out C41 stuff.

I have been using a home based lab called Willow Photo because they are low price for good service, but they are trailing off, working only part time.

I suppose I will have to find a "professional" service now.
Dear David,

I had seen them mentioned before here but I had misplaced the details in my cluttered bookmarks files.

I read their home page and I understand that they are slowing down but I think I will give them a chance to develop and print a couple of rolls for me. They are all test rolls shot to make sure the cameras are functioning correctly so if something goes wrong I won't be crushed.

Again, I appreciate the refresher!

Regards,

Tim Murphy

Harrisburg, PA
__________________
Then the coal company came with the world's largest shovel
And they tortured the timber and stripped all the land
Well, they dug for their coal till the land was forsaken
Then they wrote it all down as the progress of man.
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-05-2017   #43
SaveKodak
Registered User
 
SaveKodak is offline
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New York City
Posts: 581
Www.northeastphotographic.com!
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-05-2017   #44
Rob-F
Likes Leicas
 
Rob-F's Avatar
 
Rob-F is offline
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: The Show Me state
Age: 79
Posts: 6,315
I can recommend from personal experience AgX labs in Sault St. Marie Michigan. As good E6 processing as I've seen, even from Kodak (When Kodak processed E6).
__________________
May the light be with you.
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-05-2017   #45
davidnewtonguitars
Family Snaps
 
davidnewtonguitars's Avatar
 
davidnewtonguitars is offline
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Beaumont, TX
Posts: 1,492
I hope you can get in, their latest message is that they are not taking orders from new customers, only previous customers. I suppose I could still send my rolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Murphy View Post
Dear David,

I had seen them mentioned before here but I had misplaced the details in my cluttered bookmarks files.

I read their home page and I understand that they are slowing down but I think I will give them a chance to develop and print a couple of rolls for me. They are all test rolls shot to make sure the cameras are functioning correctly so if something goes wrong I won't be crushed.

Again, I appreciate the refresher!

Regards,

Tim Murphy

Harrisburg, PA
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-05-2017   #46
benmacphoto
Registered User
 
benmacphoto's Avatar
 
benmacphoto is offline
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Age: 32
Posts: 897
Another great lab to check out would be Indie Photo here in Philadelphia.
Professional development and great prices.
__________________
Instagram

Website
  Reply With Quote

Canada Film Lab
Old 11-05-2017   #47
russelljtdyer
Writer
 
russelljtdyer's Avatar
 
russelljtdyer is offline
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Milan, Italy
Posts: 258
Canada Film Lab

I've been pleased with Canada Film Lab. Here's a link to their site: http://canadianfilmlab.com They're in British Columbia. Incidentally, they used to be located in the U.K. and were called, U.K. Film Lab. They process black & white and color film in 35mm format, as well as 120 and 220.

If you want to use them, you would mail your film to them in Canada. For Europeans, they have a drop box in the U.K. in which film is forwarded once a week at no extra charge. After you pay them on-line and they develop your film, they put high-resolution copies of the images on an FTP site for you to download. It's easy to do. They'll give you a link. This way you don't have to wait for the images to be sent back to you on a CD.

Unless you want the negatives back immediately, they'll keep them for a while. This is to save you postage. If you use them often, when they've accumulated a bunch, they'll mail all of negatives to you in one packet. Otherwise, they'll mail you your negatives once every six months.

They have three scan sizes and charge accordinly: small (2433 pixels), medium (3047 px.), and large (3649 px.). When you get your images back, you can ask them to rescan an image with different settings and at a different size, but you'll have to pay for that.
__________________

Russell can be seen occasionally petting his Leica M3 camera and quietly calling it, 'my precious', much to the discomfort of those around him.


Russell's Photography Equipment (updated April 2015)
Leica M9 camera
Leica M3 camera
FujiFilm X100F camera

Leica Elmarit-M f2.8 21mm (E49) lens
Leica Summicron-M f2 50mm lens
Leica Elmarit-M f/2.8 90mm (E46 Germany) lens
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-06-2017   #48
29neibolt
Registered User
 
29neibolt is offline
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by benmacphoto View Post
Another great lab to check out would be Indie Photo here in Philadelphia.
Professional development and great prices.

Yeah these guys are on my list of labs to try next round. Their prices are irresistible
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-07-2017   #49
AAlfano
Registered User
 
AAlfano is offline
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 156
I've had good luck with North Coast Photo for B&W and E6 and have had equally great results with The Darkroom for B&W. I'm currently shooting a few rolls of C41 color and planning to send them to The Darkroom.

Based on the last few rolls I've attempted to have developed at CVS and Walgreens, I will never use drug store film processing again.
__________________
If you're not printing, you're just playing a video game about photography.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-06-2018   #50
ultra8
Registered User
 
ultra8 is offline
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 29
I recommend our friends: RichardPhotoLab
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-06-2018   #51
bayernfan
Registered User
 
bayernfan's Avatar
 
bayernfan is offline
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 746
Northcoast for C41. AgX for E6.
__________________
M_V instagram
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-06-2018   #52
NaChase
Registered User
 
NaChase's Avatar
 
NaChase is offline
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Alamo, CA
Age: 31
Posts: 518
NCPS in Carlsbad is great, I have used them for a number of years.

Conversely, I sent a roll of Scala to Dr5 over a month ago and have since emailed, messaged over facebook, and called, but have heard nothing back, though at least they haven't charged me.
__________________
Nick

RF Cameras: Leica M2, Leica M3, Leica M5, Leica M6, Mamiya 7II,
RF Lenses:
75mm Summilux, 50mm DR Summicron, 50mm "Millennium" Nikkor, 35mm Zeiss Distagon 1.4, 35mm 2.8 Summaron, Mamiya 43mm, Mamiya 80mm, Mamiya 150mm


http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
http://www.flickr.com/groups/film_is...ong_live_film/
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-06-2018   #53
thawkins
Registered User
 
thawkins's Avatar
 
thawkins is offline
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Texas
Age: 70
Posts: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Murphy View Post
Dear Board,

So I've made the commitment to shoot 35mm film again. While I admit that I may get back into developing my own B&W 35mm film again it won't be something I do in the immediate future.

I can honestly say that I haven't had a roll of film developed in over 5 years and it's probably closer to 10 years. I did a cursory drive around my home region in search of places that still develop film and so far I'm down to WalMart and few drugstores like CVS and Rite Aid.

I will give WalMart a chance but I would like to know if there are any labs that you folks recommend? I am willing to pay decent money, meaning as much as $ 20.00 - $ 25.00 for development, a set of 4X6's and a scanned CD.
I'll ask if that price is off base first. If it isn't I'd appreciate hearing from people with experience using a particular lab that offers mail-order service, for I honestly don't know where to look even with Google.

I find places, but what I don't find are recommendations? I'd feel better with some of those!

Regards,

Tim Murphy
Harrisburg, PA

I have had good results with Dwayne’s located in Parsons, Kansas. They have done a good job with b&w, color and transparencies.
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-06-2018   #54
thawkins
Registered User
 
thawkins's Avatar
 
thawkins is offline
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Texas
Age: 70
Posts: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Murphy View Post
Dear Board,

So I've made the commitment to shoot 35mm film again. While I admit that I may get back into developing my own B&W 35mm film again it won't be something I do in the immediate future.

I can honestly say that I haven't had a roll of film developed in over 5 years and it's probably closer to 10 years. I did a cursory drive around my home region in search of places that still develop film and so far I'm down to WalMart and few drugstores like CVS and Rite Aid.

I will give WalMart a chance but I would like to know if there are any labs that you folks recommend? I am willing to pay decent money, meaning as much as $ 20.00 - $ 25.00 for development, a set of 4X6's and a scanned CD.
I'll ask if that price is off base first. If it isn't I'd appreciate hearing from people with experience using a particular lab that offers mail-order service, for I honestly don't know where to look even with Google.

I find places, but what I don't find are recommendations? I'd feel better with some of those!

Regards,

Tim Murphy
Harrisburg, PA

I have had good results with Dwayne’s located in Parsons, Kansas. They have done a good job with b&w, color and transparencies.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 15:29.


vBulletin skin developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

All content on this site is Copyright Protected and owned by its respective owner. You may link to content on this site but you may not reproduce any of it in whole or part without written consent from its owner.