Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Rangefinder Forum > Image Processing: Darkroom / Lightroom / Film

Image Processing: Darkroom / Lightroom / Film Discuss Image processing -- traditional darkoom or digital lightroom here. Notice there are subcategories to narrow down subject matter. .

Old 11-05-2017   #41
Daryl J.

Blue Moon Camera and Machine in Portland, OR.

Thank you for the reminder about Willow Labs
Old 11-05-2017   #42
Tim Murphy

Thank you for the reminder about Willow Labs

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidnewtonguitars View Post
I do my own b&w, so only send out C41 stuff.

I have been using a home based lab called Willow Photo because they are low price for good service, but they are trailing off, working only part time.

I suppose I will have to find a "professional" service now.
Dear David,

I had seen them mentioned before here but I had misplaced the details in my cluttered bookmarks files.

I read their home page and I understand that they are slowing down but I think I will give them a chance to develop and print a couple of rolls for me. They are all test rolls shot to make sure the cameras are functioning correctly so if something goes wrong I won't be crushed.

Again, I appreciate the refresher!

Regards,

Tim Murphy

Harrisburg, PA
Then they wrote it all down as the progress of man.

Old 11-05-2017   #43
SaveKodak

Www.northeastphotographic.com!

Old 11-05-2017   #44
Rob-F
Likes Leicas

I can recommend from personal experience AgX labs in Sault St. Marie Michigan. As good E6 processing as I've seen, even from Kodak (When Kodak processed E6).

Old 11-05-2017   #45
davidnewtonguitars
Family Snaps

I hope you can get in, their latest message is that they are not taking orders from new customers, only previous customers. I suppose I could still send my rolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Murphy View Post
Dear David,

I had seen them mentioned before here but I had misplaced the details in my cluttered bookmarks files.

I read their home page and I understand that they are slowing down but I think I will give them a chance to develop and print a couple of rolls for me. They are all test rolls shot to make sure the cameras are functioning correctly so if something goes wrong I won't be crushed.

Again, I appreciate the refresher!

Regards,

Tim Murphy

Harrisburg, PA

Old 11-05-2017   #46
benmacphoto

Another great lab to check out would be Indie Photo here in Philadelphia.
Professional development and great prices.

Website

Canada Film Lab
Old 11-05-2017   #47
russelljtdyer
Writer

Canada Film Lab

I've been pleased with Canada Film Lab. Here's a link to their site: http://canadianfilmlab.com They're in British Columbia. Incidentally, they used to be located in the U.K. and were called, U.K. Film Lab. They process black & white and color film in 35mm format, as well as 120 and 220.

If you want to use them, you would mail your film to them in Canada. For Europeans, they have a drop box in the U.K. in which film is forwarded once a week at no extra charge. After you pay them on-line and they develop your film, they put high-resolution copies of the images on an FTP site for you to download. It's easy to do. They'll give you a link. This way you don't have to wait for the images to be sent back to you on a CD.

Unless you want the negatives back immediately, they'll keep them for a while. This is to save you postage. If you use them often, when they've accumulated a bunch, they'll mail all of negatives to you in one packet. Otherwise, they'll mail you your negatives once every six months.

They have three scan sizes and charge accordinly: small (2433 pixels), medium (3047 px.), and large (3649 px.). When you get your images back, you can ask them to rescan an image with different settings and at a different size, but you'll have to pay for that.

Russell can be seen occasionally petting his Leica M3 camera and quietly calling it, 'my precious', much to the discomfort of those around him.

Russell's Photography Equipment (updated April 2015)
Leica M9 camera
Leica M3 camera
FujiFilm X100F camera

Leica Elmarit-M f2.8 21mm (E49) lens
Leica Summicron-M f2 50mm lens
Leica Elmarit-M f/2.8 90mm (E46 Germany) lens

Old 11-06-2017   #48
29neibolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by benmacphoto View Post
Another great lab to check out would be Indie Photo here in Philadelphia.
Professional development and great prices.

Yeah these guys are on my list of labs to try next round. Their prices are irresistible

Old 11-07-2017   #49
AAlfano

I've had good luck with North Coast Photo for B&W and E6 and have had equally great results with The Darkroom for B&W. I'm currently shooting a few rolls of C41 color and planning to send them to The Darkroom.

Based on the last few rolls I've attempted to have developed at CVS and Walgreens, I will never use drug store film processing again.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Old 03-06-2018   #50
ultra8

I recommend our friends: RichardPhotoLab

Old 03-06-2018   #51
bayernfan

Northcoast for C41. AgX for E6.

Old 03-06-2018   #52
NaChase

NCPS in Carlsbad is great, I have used them for a number of years.

Conversely, I sent a roll of Scala to Dr5 over a month ago and have since emailed, messaged over facebook, and called, but have heard nothing back, though at least they haven't charged me.

RF Cameras: Leica M2, Leica M3, Leica M5, Leica M6, Mamiya 7II,
RF Lenses:
75mm Summilux, 50mm DR Summicron, 50mm "Millennium" Nikkor, 35mm Zeiss Distagon 1.4, 35mm 2.8 Summaron, Mamiya 43mm, Mamiya 80mm, Mamiya 150mm

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
http://www.flickr.com/groups/film_is...ong_live_film/

Old 03-06-2018   #53
thawkins

Quote:
Dear Board,

So I've made the commitment to shoot 35mm film again. While I admit that I may get back into developing my own B&W 35mm film again it won't be something I do in the immediate future.

I can honestly say that I haven't had a roll of film developed in over 5 years and it's probably closer to 10 years. I did a cursory drive around my home region in search of places that still develop film and so far I'm down to WalMart and few drugstores like CVS and Rite Aid.

I will give WalMart a chance but I would like to know if there are any labs that you folks recommend? I am willing to pay decent money, meaning as much as $ 20.00 - $ 25.00 for development, a set of 4X6's and a scanned CD.
I'll ask if that price is off base first. If it isn't I'd appreciate hearing from people with experience using a particular lab that offers mail-order service, for I honestly don't know where to look even with Google.

I find places, but what I don't find are recommendations? I'd feel better with some of those!

Regards,

Tim Murphy
Harrisburg, PA

I have had good results with Dwayne’s located in Parsons, Kansas. They have done a good job with b&w, color and transparencies.

Old 03-06-2018   #54
thawkins

Quote:
Dear Board,

So I've made the commitment to shoot 35mm film again. While I admit that I may get back into developing my own B&W 35mm film again it won't be something I do in the immediate future.

I can honestly say that I haven't had a roll of film developed in over 5 years and it's probably closer to 10 years. I did a cursory drive around my home region in search of places that still develop film and so far I'm down to WalMart and few drugstores like CVS and Rite Aid.

I will give WalMart a chance but I would like to know if there are any labs that you folks recommend? I am willing to pay decent money, meaning as much as $ 20.00 - $ 25.00 for development, a set of 4X6's and a scanned CD.
I'll ask if that price is off base first. If it isn't I'd appreciate hearing from people with experience using a particular lab that offers mail-order service, for I honestly don't know where to look even with Google.

I find places, but what I don't find are recommendations? I'd feel better with some of those!

Regards,

Tim Murphy
Harrisburg, PA

I have had good results with Dwayne’s located in Parsons, Kansas. They have done a good job with b&w, color and transparencies.