Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Leicas and other Leica Mount Cameras > Leica M Film Cameras

Old 09-14-2018   #41
splitimageview

Never found him to be rude. Bought a beautiful 50/1.4 LTM Nikkor from him a while back, and the aperture blades started sticking, he fixed it no questions asked. yes, he asks for premium prices, but often he's the only source that has a particular item available, and nearly all his items are in premium condition. One can get similar items for less, if one is very patient (might take months or even years); if you want it now, he's likely the only game in town.

When I've bought from him I made lower offers, and negotiated quite a bit off his asking prices.

Old 09-14-2018   #42
m4malious

So, what has the guy got to hide?

Operates on ebay under a false name and address as:

reng88

Delivery address:
Richard Eng
PO Box 4945
El Monte, CA 91734-0945
United States

Old 09-14-2018   #43
splitimageview

https://www.ebay.com/str/gokevincameras

Old 09-14-2018   #44
Nokton48

I bought a truly rare Canon RF lenshood, he had the only one. After looking for two or three years I bought it and paid his price.

Old 09-14-2018   #45
Huss

I don't get why people complain about him. He is running a business and is entitled to price how he sees fit. The fact that he has been at it for years shows it works for him.
Don't like his prices? Go elsewhere.

It seems that those who have actually bought from him have been satisfied.

Old 09-14-2018   #46
Phil_F_NM
Camera hacker

Kevin has nothing to hide. He has business partners in the US and HK.
I bought a bunch from him over the years. Got a bargain 10.5cm f/2.5 Nikkor LTM lens for a steal from him at his old retail location in downtown LA. He's always been a very nice man to answer questions and if it's rare you want, he probably has it.
Just because he has a different name on an account doesn't mean anything. He runs a business with partners in a global economy.

Phil Forrest

Old 09-14-2018   #47
Fuchs

I have bought from and sold to Kevin many times, always good and polite communications, and as all have already said, if you're after some elsewhere unobtainable item, he's the one. Very recommendable.
My flickr

Old 09-14-2018   #48
fad gadget

Kevin's a great guy, been dealing with him for years.
Reasonable prices and honest descriptions.

Old 09-15-2018   #49
Papercut

Location: Westchester county, NY (and Chongqing whenever I can get there)
This was my thinking as well. I've never bought from him, but it doesn't take much imagination to think of several legitimate reasons for why a vendor may have multiple accounts. For example, he runs businesses in two locations (HK and US). Also, I think it's not uncommon for dealers of various goods on eBay (or elsewhere) to have multiple accounts, say, one for buying and another for selling. Or, one for selling premium stuff and another for the dross that they inevitably accumulate. A high end vendor that sells, say, to the Chinese collector market may in fact harm his business with certain customers by selling less premium stuff on the same account, even while those less expensive items, may have a significant portion of capital tied up in them and thus be important source of revenue over the long term. None of this stuff takes much imagination to think through, rather than assuming that he has "something to hide" or is engaged in something nefarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_F_NM View Post
Kevin has nothing to hide. He has business partners in the US and HK. ... [EDITED FOR BREVITY] ... Just because he has a different name on an account doesn't mean anything. He runs a business with partners in a global economy.

Phil Forrest

=========
Only connect.
=========

flickr photostream