Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Classic Film RangeFinders & Other Classics > 120 film RF Folders

120 film RF Folders 120/220 Format Folding Rangefinders, including the various classic Zeiss Ikontas, Voigtlander Bessas, and their Ruskie copies.

Voigtlander Bessa rf help
Old 07-13-2019   #1
KristenJB

Voigtlander Bessa rf help

Hi! I just bought a Bessa RF and it arrived with a lot of problems. I sent it out to be fixed and it’s usable but I still have a issue with the door in front of the lens.... it doesn’t stay closed. The latch on the door is missing. I have a friend who is a machinist and could possibly make a replacement latch but I have no clue what my missing part should like. So if anyone out there has this camera with a working door and could take an awesome close up of it I would really appreciate it! Or better yet if you had this problem and found a fix let me know!

First photo is the camera and 2nd is the close up of my busted latch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 07-13-2019   #2
Abbazz
6x9 and be there!

The latch is made of two parts:
- a claw, which is connected through a rod to the lens door release button (it seems to be present on your first photo):

- a strike plate, which is located at the front edge of the lens door. The above claw is supposed to engage this strike plate. This is the part that seems to be missing from your camera. Here's how it looks:

Cheers!

Abbazz

The 6x9 Photography Online Resource

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #3
KristenJB

Thanks that looks like the piece

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk