Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Being a Photographer > Photogs / Photo Exhibits

Photogs / Photo Exhibits This is the place to discuss a particular Photographer (work, style, life, whatever), as well as to post Gallery and Museum Photo Exhibitions and your own impressions of them. As we march on in this new digital world, it is often too easy to forget about the visual importance of the photographic print, as well as their financial importance to the photographer. It is also interesting to remember that some guy named Gene Smith shot with lenses that many lens test reading "never had a picture published in their life" amateurs would turn up their their noses at, as being "unacceptable."

Tonewood: London Exhibitions & Book Launch
Old 03-17-2019   #1
lawrence

Tonewood: London Exhibitions & Book Launch

Tonewood is a collaboration between photographer Lawrence Impey and poet Sue Rose.

The book launch, to which you're all invited, will be held downstairs at The Poetry Café, 22 Betterton Street, Covent Garden, London WC2H 9BX from 6pm-8pm on Thursday 2nd May. Sue will do a reading and afterwards there'll be a Q&A session, there'll also be wine and nibbles for the early birds.

The exhibition will be on display throughout May at The Poetry Café and (subject to confirmation) for two weeks from 11th June at the Stunphoto Gallery, Hampstead Emporium, 12 Heath Street, London, NW3 6TE.

I'm currently working on the website which will display some sample photos/poems and this should be up in the next week or so (will confirm when it is). If you've any queries in the meantime please don't hesitate to PM me, we hope to see you at the launch on 2nd May.

Lawrence & Sue

Old 03-17-2019   #2
airfrogusmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrence View Post
Tonewood is a collaboration between photographer Lawrence Impey and poet Sue Rose.

The book launch, to which you're all invited, will be held downstairs at The Poetry Café, 22 Betterton Street, Covent Garden, London WC2H 9BX from 6pm-8pm on Thursday 2nd May. Sue will do a reading and afterwards there'll be a Q&A session, there'll also be wine and nibbles for the early birds.

The exhibition will be on display throughout May at The Poetry Café and (subject to confirmation) for two weeks from 11th June at the Stunphoto Gallery, Hampstead Emporium, 12 Heath Street, London, NW3 6TE.

I'm currently working on the website which will display some sample photos/poems and this should be up in the next week or so (will confirm when it is). If you've any queries in the meantime please don't hesitate to PM me, we hope to see you at the launch on 2nd May.

Lawrence & Sue
CONGRATS and GOOD LUCK

Old 03-29-2019   #3
lynnb

This is great, Lawrence - looking forward to seeing the website as travel is out of the question. Wish I could be there.
Flickr

Old 04-03-2019   #4
lawrence

The exhibition in June at Stunphoto Gallery, Hampstead is now confirmed.

Tonewood at the The Poetry Café, Covent Garden, London
Old 04-29-2019   #5
lawrence

Tonewood at the The Poetry Café, Covent Garden, London

I'm not sure who is planning to come to the book launch on Thursday but if you can make it I'd love to meet you.

The book has now been printed and the retail price is £30 plus £3 p&p in the UK, however there'll be a special launch offer of £25 on Thursday. There's a short slide show of some of the pages and a video clip at www.eaglesfieldeditions.com

If you can't make it on Thursday evening maybe we can meet up either at The Poetry Café in May or at Stunphoto in Hampstead in June, just send me a pm to let me know when is convenient.

If you've any questions or comments about the book or exhibition, please do let me know.

Lawrence