Nikkor-O 55mm f/1.2 CRT Potential Options?
Old 06-05-2017   #1
adamr1699

Nikkor-O 55mm f/1.2 CRT Potential Options?

Hello!
I recently got a stellar deal on the Nikkor-O 55mm 1.2 CRT lens.
I would like to convert it to M-mount, I know M-S Optics does this. Does anyone else have this lens? How do you like it? Share pics if you'd like. Otherwise if you have any ideas of people to convert the lens let me know.
Thanks all!
Adam R.

Old 06-05-2017   #2
JMQ

I have it, and used it with an LTM-M adapter on a Leica M9 with a Visoflex III for macro shots (you focus by moving back and forth). The images are stunning, but the set-up and mode of operation are clumsy. I have also used on a Nikon F2 with a Leica M to Nikon F adapter when I used to shoot film. Again, the lack of focusing cam means that you have to use your body to focus -- and that works only a close up shots. PM me if you want to see samples.

I have also heard that MS-Oprical can add the focusing cam. Read Roslett's write up on this lens if you haven't already done so. Congrats on the purchase. It's a really neat lens.

Old 06-05-2017   #3
ColSebastianMoran

Congratulations on a hard-to-buy lens. FWIW, there are a couple on the auction site right now, at about $1,000.

Marked M=1/5. Quoting Rorslett, "It is optimised for the limited magnification range 1:4.4-1:5.5 only and here it delivers exceptionally sharp images."

In Classifieds Now: Nothing, more soon.
Photos, descriptions of for sale items previously listed here: this Flickr album
Use this link to leave feedback for me.

Named "Best heavy-game shooter in the Eastern Empire." Clubs: Anglo-Indian, Tankerville, and Bagatelle Card Club.
Sony E/FE, Nikon dSLR, and iPhone digital. Misc film.
Birds, portraits, events, family. Mindfulness, reflection, creativity, and stance.

Old 06-05-2017   #4
JMQ

Indeed. Here is Roslett's full write-up.

http://www.naturfotograf.com/lens_spec.html