Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Gearhead Delights > Photo Accessories / Bags/ Meters / Tripods etc

Photo Accessories / Bags/ Meters / Tripods etc A place to discuss the delights of photo accessories, including bags, meters, tripods, filters, straps, camera cases, lens hoods, anything non digital that can make your gearhead life a little bit more enjoyable.

Half-Case for Bessa R2S
Old 07-16-2017   #1
ColSebastianMoran

Half-Case for Bessa R2S

What is a good half-case of the Bessa R2S?

Asking... Mr. Zhou has a terrific looking leather half-case for Bessa R, R2, R3a, R4, L and T cameras. Will this fit the R2S well? at all?

Mr. Zhou himself replies to me, "Don't have one, don't know, the front of the camera is a little different."

In Classifieds Now: Nothing, more soon.
Photos, descriptions of for sale items previously listed here: this Flickr album
Use this link to leave feedback for me.

Named "Best heavy-game shooter in the Eastern Empire." Clubs: Anglo-Indian, Tankerville, and Bagatelle Card Club.
Sony E/FE, Nikon dSLR, and iPhone digital. Misc film.
Birds, portraits, events, family. Mindfulness, reflection, creativity, and stance.

Old 07-16-2017   #2
Robert Lai

I once asked Mr. Zhou why he couldn't build a case that won't cover the self timer on my Bessa R. He gave me the brush off, and said he wasn't going to change his design. I found that Voigtlander's own case for these R cameras fits them the best. The front has a wide cutout area so that the self timer is NOT blocked. I'm sure this will also give a lot of space to the extended viewfinder / rangefinder panel of the R2S.

I don't know if Cameraquest has these Voigtlander cases left (I bought mine from Stephen). However, I've found that these cases are often sold by sellers from Japan, on that big auction web site.

Old 07-16-2017   #3
Huss

I had a Zhou case on my R3A and it didn't fit very well as it did not follow the curves of the grip very well. I'd get the Voigtlander case and just use the bottom half.

FYI I'm not knocking Zhou cases, as I use them on pretty much everything else from Xpans to M5s. Just wasn't great on a Bessa.

Old 08-05-2017   #4
ColSebastianMoran

Robert, thanks for the tip.

Was able to find the Voigtlander black case. It will do the job perfectly. I wanted a half-case to protect the like-new body as I use it.

In Classifieds Now: Nothing, more soon.
Photos, descriptions of for sale items previously listed here: this Flickr album
Use this link to leave feedback for me.

Named "Best heavy-game shooter in the Eastern Empire." Clubs: Anglo-Indian, Tankerville, and Bagatelle Card Club.
Sony E/FE, Nikon dSLR, and iPhone digital. Misc film.
Birds, portraits, events, family. Mindfulness, reflection, creativity, and stance.