Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Classic Film RangeFinders & Other Classics > Half Frames / Subminiatures

Half Frames / Subminiatures This forum is for all half frame 35mm cameras, including the very popular Olympus Pens and their SLR cousins, the Pen F and Pen FT, as well as all smaller than half frame subminiature film cameras.

Minox 8x11 film sources
Old 06-10-2017   #1
TerryMcC

Minox 8x11 film sources

I've tried to buy film from Blue Moon Cameras both through the website and through eBay but they won't sell to customers in Australia. Does anyone know where film can be bought and sent to an Australian address?

Old 06-10-2017   #2
zuiko85

There is a e-bay seller, ebay store '195 Photo' that sells Minox 8X11 film. You could try them. They are located in Japan. They include Australia on their ship to list. Don't know about rates or customs.

Old 06-10-2017   #3
sevo
Fokutorendaburando

Straight from the source?

http://www.minox.com/index.php?id=7566&L=2

Old 06-10-2017   #4
TerryMcC

Tried contacting Minox directly but received no reply. Will try again. Bought two rolls off 195 photo just now. Thanks for the help.

Old 06-11-2017   #5
zuiko85

I've shot with a IIIs but only with B&W which I'm equipped to develop myself. When I bought the camera (at a photo show, on a whim) I realized even then obtaining film would be expensive. With that in mind I bought some very out of date color negative film on e-bay, ditched the old film, and reloaded with Ilford Pan F slit from 35mm bulk. With the prices for film and processing (if you can even find anyone to D&P) shooting Minox 8X11 seems to be very much a do it yourself hobby, from start to finish.

Old 07-01-2017   #6
Hari

Zuiko85,

I do the same. There are several slitters around.
Also with Pan F!

Old 07-08-2017   #7
zuiko85

Hari,
I built my slitter out of hobby plywood with thin, double edged razors for cutters. The 35mm film runs in a channel with the center 19mm cut down and a pressure block with a cutout also. This presses the film down on the blades but does not touch the emulsion or base. I figure each roll is about 60 cents worth of film. I only spool off 18 inches for two 24 exposure rolls.