Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Classic Film RangeFinders & Other Classics > Xpan & Other Panoramics

Xpan & Other Panoramics For Hasselblad Xpan, Xpan II, Fuji TX-1 and TX-2, and all other Panoramic cameras

Xpan/tx1 body caps etc
Old 05-22-2017   #1
Westofthesun

Xpan/tx1 body caps etc

Hey all! If you're like me and have an xpan or Tx body you might be left wanting for a few accessories ( body caps, port caps, etc), but the originals look expensive as HELL. Anyway, an engineer/filmmaking enthusiast is happy to work with me to make said parts...would there be an interest? Obviously the cost of small batch parts would involve some cost but nothing near the absurd prices I'm seeing online. Anyone want in?

Old 05-22-2017   #2
Chubberino
-

I defintely see the lack of readily available accessories as a major downside to the Xpan/TX system. I have the TX-2 and the matching 45mm lens brand new (no hood unfortunately). I just "upgraded" my champagne-colored TX-1 90mm that had no hood or cap (though it did have the bubble case and included rear cap in the base of that bubble case) and got the matching TX-2 90mm that was complete with an included hood. It cost a pretty penny to upgrade, but I got sick of waiting for very rare accessories to pop up. Good thing is one hood works for both the 45 and 90mm so while I'd like two for completions sake, I'm fine with the one for now.

Though back to your point, depending on how they are manufactured, and price, I'd guess there may be a limited market for it. I'd like to see what you have on offer at some point regardless.

Old 07-18-2017   #3
veraikon
xpanner

I updated my xpan lens with a "Leica R" back lens cap - which is fitting good to the xpan mount.

Old 07-19-2017   #4
MUEvans

One good thing about the front lens cap on the 45mm & 90mm of course, is that they take 49mm front lens caps--pretty common and very cheap. I've managed to hold on to my rear caps from these two lenses and i switch the shade between the two depending on specific needs.