Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Classic Film RangeFinders & Other Classics > SLRs - the unRF

SLRs - the unRF For those of you who must talk about SLRs, if only to confirm they are not RF.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Pentax MX winder
Old 04-06-2011   #1
rbsinto

Location: Thornhill, Ontario, Canada Thornhill is a suburb of Toronto
Pentax MX winder

Anyone here either a current or ex-Pentax film camera user who can enlighten me, and perhaps give me some insight?
I was given a ton of Pentax k-mount gear including two bodies, winder and about five or six lenses.
Beautiful gear, and the lenses focus and aperture adjust in the same direction as my Nikons, which makes them handy to use, if I decide to keep and use the kit.
My problem concerns an MX winder (not motor drive) for an MX body.
When it is turned on, it runs continuously except when the trigger button on the winder handle is depressed, which is when it stops.
Some research on the internet indicated that sometimes a couple of wires inside the winder were accidently reversed, causing a ground wire to be soldered in the wrong place, resulting in the problem I described.
I partially dismantled the drive expecting to find three wires, which I could fool about with until they were wired properly, but no such luck. There is a forest of thin wires inside and while I'm mechanically adept, my knowledge of electrical circuitry is non-existant.
Has anyone ever had a similar problem, and if so can they give me some guidance, or at least steer me to a source (or even better a circuit diagram) that may help me get this thing running?
Please and thank you.

Last edited by rbsinto : 04-06-2011 at 08:35.