Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Classic Film RangeFinders & Other Classics > 120 film RF Folders

120 film RF Folders 120/220 Format Folding Rangefinders, including the various classic Zeiss Ikontas, Voigtlander Bessas, and their Ruskie copies.

Adjusting focus for Franka
Old 03-06-2009   #1
scottyb70

Adjusting focus for Franka

I finally cleaned my franka and started to align the focus but I noticed the lens bottoms out or gets too tight when I try to focus for infinity. I tore a cardboard spacer and I think this might be the problem. I think the only way is to cut out a spacer from cardboard with an xacto knife. Does anyone know if you can buy spacers pre cut. I checked micro tools and couldn't find them.

Old 03-06-2009   #2
FallisPhoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb70 View Post
I finally cleaned my franka and started to align the focus but I noticed the lens bottoms out or gets too tight when I try to focus for infinity. I tore a cardboard spacer and I think this might be the problem. I think the only way is to cut out a spacer from cardboard with an xacto knife. Does anyone know if you can buy spacers pre cut. I checked micro tools and couldn't find them.
Sorry, but I am pretty sure you'll have to cut your own. Cardboard? http://www.smallparts.com/s?searchSi...archRank=price

Old 03-06-2009   #3
mh2000

are you sure you actually need the spacer? I mean if you are bottoming out you are already too thick... and with no spacer you may be able to just adjust the lens as-is.

if you have to cut your own, use stable card stock and get a compass and blade to make nice clean round cuts.

Old 03-12-2009   #4
FallisPhoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh2000 View Post
are you sure you actually need the spacer? I mean if you are bottoming out you are already too thick... and with no spacer you may be able to just adjust the lens as-is.

if you have to cut your own, use stable card stock and get a compass and blade to make nice clean round cuts.
That didn't make a whole lot of sense to me either, but apparently one came out and, if I understand correctly, it was working before that. I prefer brass because it won't compress -- at all -- like cardboard.