Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Coffee With Mentors > Nikon Historical Society

Nikon Historical Society -- hosted by the founding member Bob Rotoloni and members of the society. The NHS, based the US, has a worldwide membership. Our "Nikon Journal," published four times a year, concentrates on the history of Japanese photo equipment from the perspective of the Nikon Camera Company. The Nikon Journal often includes Nikon information not published anywhere else in the world. This forum provides an opportunity for conversation between collectors and users of classic film Nikons. See forum “stickies” for more information about the Society. If you are a serious Nikon Collector, you MUST be a NHS member. Join at http://www.nikonhistoricalsociety.com/!

Greatly Reduced
Old 07-15-2017   #1
nikonhswebmaster
Moderator NHS Forum

Greatly Reduced

I will miss many of the lovely people I have met here, and drop by if I need advice or thoughts on equipment. But I probably will not be reading "I will avoid Leica NJ from here on...". I fell into it yesterday (first article I had read in months), and realized it was like my trying to read Fyodor Dostoyevsky in Russian. So much detail, I was impressed, but confused.

Have fun, trust me, you won't want to look back on not having fun.

Old 07-15-2017   #2
NIKON KIU
Did you say Nippon Kogaku

I read the post and you better NOT delete it.
I read it as one from the heart, those are worth leaving as legacy.

Cute picture, looks a bit like a younger Angelina.

Kiu

Old 07-15-2017   #3
back alley
IMAGES

rff is an odd place to 'hang out'...i've met in person with some folks and they are all pretty terrific...i feel most comfortable here when talking about gear and feel most hopeless when talking about photography...as a talentless hack it's the gear that keeps me going. i'm currently working on owning every lens that fuji makes and accepting that none of it will get me that great shot i hope for. i think that rff can be a most unpleasant place for the more sensitive and the truly creative and just plain no fun when the unknowing trolls hit the pavement running.
so fred, i wish you the calm that helps to soothe the soul and wish you the best in your creative endeavours.

xe3...xt20
16/23/23/27/35/50/56/55-200

Old 07-16-2017   #4
farlymac
PF McFarland

Not many folks around here say Goodbye, they just sort of drift away, and after some time you think "Hmmm, what's-their-face hasn't posted anything for quite a while".

I wish you well in your endeavors, Fred, and please, do check in once in a while.

PF

Old 07-16-2017   #5
Chris101
summicronia

Ya know Fred, we all come back at some point. Good luck with your new computery endeavors.