Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Classic Film RangeFinders & Other Classics > SLRs - the unRF

SLRs - the unRF For those of you who must talk about SLRs, if only to confirm they are not RF.

NOVOFLEX "COEX" Adapter
Old 08-02-2019   #1
hilltime

NOVOFLEX "COEX" Adapter

Would anyone have an idea if the Novoflex COEX adapter which is Exakta Mount lens to M42 Mount, will allow infinty focus when mounted on a camera, or was it solely intended to be used on a Novoflex bellows unit?
Anyone have one to try?

It seems to me the later was usually the intended use for all Novolex adapters.

Gary Hill

Old 08-05-2019   #2
tunalegs
Pretended Artist

M42 has a longer register distance than Exakta, so no, you cannot get infinity focus from an Exakta lens on an M42 camera. And you can't adapt an M42 lens to an Exakta because and get infinity focus either. Unless of course it is a sunk mount bellows lens, and you're using a bellows.

Old 08-08-2019   #3
hilltime

Thank you for that. I did find a Camera Mount Register chart online which supports your analysis. It lists most of the known lens registers and hopefully is accurate. I did find an adapter which let me mount my Voigtlander/Retina DKL lenses to M42. Will no doubt use my Septon lens on my recently acquired Pentacon Super even though it maybe a No-No, East West combination!

Regards,