Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Sony Alpha 7 / NEX Mirrorless > Sony NEX APS-C format

Sony NEX APS-C format For the many Sony fixed lens digital compact cameras

Nex6 error message
Old 01-25-2016   #1
rjschell

Nex6 error message

"Camera error. Turn power off then on." That doesn't work. The shutter seems to be jammed. Looking inside I see black shutter curtain instead of sensor. Has anyone experienced this? I'm told that the camera requires servicing. I wonder what that would cost vs. replacing the body.

Old 01-26-2016   #2
Addy101

Did you do the "take the battery out, keep it out for, say 24hrs, put it back in" routine? If you didn't, do that first with a fresh battery. If that doesn't work, yeah, it sounds like a repair job. I don't have an idea how much that is gonna cost - it might be dependent on where you are in the world. Why not ask Sony for an estimate?

Old 01-26-2016   #3
crsantin

Did this happen with the 16-50 kit lens attached? I have had problems with mine...screeching coming from the lens, lens refusing to focus etc. Usually shutting down the camera takes care of it and have not had any permanent issues, but that kit lens, the image quality is fine but mine seems possessed. It might be worth it to look at the A6000 at this point if the repair is too much, or buy a used replacement 6 cheap.