Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Classic Film RangeFinders & Other Classics > TLR Forum - Twin Lens Reflex

TLR Forum - Twin Lens Reflex another alternative to the dreaded SLR way of seeing, this forum for all format TLR cameras

Rollei Extension Focusing Knob
Old 01-20-2012   #1
Themckane

Rollei Extension Focusing Knob

Hi
Will a Rollei Extension Focusing Knob fit a Rolleicord V?

Thanks

Old 01-20-2012   #2
Dan Daniel

I don't know about the diameter issues, although the knobs on older cameras like an Automat and on the 'Cord V look similar.

I do know that the focusing scales on the 'Flex (left side) and 'Cord (right side) go in different directions. On either side, to focus closer the knob turns 'over the top' from back to front. Counterclockwise on left side, clockwise on right side.

I have seen extension knobs with scales in both directions. The first time I was about to buy one, something seemed weird and i kept wondering what was off until this different direction of the scale became obvious. In that case, I was looking for a left-side knob but the scale was for the right/'Cord side.

I have seen them listed on Ebay as for 'Rolleiflex and Rolleicord.' I think the 'Cord Va was the only one with a small left side knob?

If the scale numbers aren't important, or having a larger knob is more important than the scale, you'll need someone else to tell if the extension knob will fit on your knob.

Old 01-22-2012   #3
JPD
J. Patric DahlÚn

No, it only fits Rolleicords with the small 24mm focusing knob, and the last model with one was the Rolleicord IV.

The V, Va and Vb all have the large focusing knob.

Old 01-22-2012   #4
Themckane

Thanks for the replies