Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Classic Film RangeFinders & Other Classics > Scale Focus 35's

Scale Focus 35's Though not rangefinders, scale focus 35's are 1st cousins. This forum includes such popular gems as the Rollei 35's, Petri 35's, and the Olympus XA-4.

a 'Gift' Voigtlander Vito B
Old 06-25-2019   #1
elmarman
Bail out the Brits too !

a 'Gift' Voigtlander Vito B

A Camera Club member gave me a Voigtlander Vito B with 50mm f2.8 Color-Skopar lens BUT it had a fault -- the shutter would fire as I wound on NOT as I pressed the release. i took off top and lubricated the pivots and got it going but now it's back to it;s 'Bad Old Ways' !
Vito B Tests 09 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Vito B Tests 06 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Vito B Tests 05 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Vito B Tests 03 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
No Animals or Humans were harmed in the making if these photos -

Old 06-25-2019   #2
Godfrey
somewhat colored

I had one of the Vito B cameras that did the same. I had it overhauled and cleaned by my old friend Fred at International Camera Technicians.

It worked perfectly after that: a lovely lens and a very nice camera in the hand. I gave it to a good friend a year or two later, she still uses it. That was over 20 years ago!

G