Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Classic Film RangeFinders & Other Classics > SLRs - the unRF

SLRs - the unRF For those of you who must talk about SLRs, if only to confirm they are not RF.

Old 1 Week Ago   #81
Ste_S

Another vote for the 50mm/f1.8G. It's cheap, fast and sharp, what more do you need ?

Old 1 Week Ago   #82
Huss

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandru_voicu View Post
Hi everyone,

While still waiting for my F6, I started looking for lenses. My favorite local store has a fantastic discount for the Tamron SP 45mm f/1.8. With that discount, the Tamron is only marginally more expensive than the Nikkor 50/1.8G. However, the SP has VC and some other nice features. Which begs the question: is the Tamron VC (Vibration Compensation) compatible with the F6? And if it's not, should I get the Tamron or the Nikkor 50/1.8G?

Many thanks,
Alex
Just get the Nikon. It works perfectly with the F6, super light and handles great.

Old 1 Week Ago   #83
james.liam

Alexandru, vă sugerez să vă uitați la "Sigma". Construcția lor este mult superioară celei Nikkor din plastic realizată în China. Imaginile fotografice pe care le poate produce sunt destul de impresionante.

Old 1 Week Ago   #84
Doug

Let us please keep the discussion in English... though it is generous and helpful to use another's language when comprehension is clearly at risk!

Old 15 Hours Ago   #85
dtcls100

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandru_voicu View Post
Hi everyone,

While still waiting for my F6, I started looking for lenses. My favorite local store has a fantastic discount for the Tamron SP 45mm f/1.8. With that discount, the Tamron is only marginally more expensive than the Nikkor 50/1.8G. However, the SP has VC and some other nice features. Which begs the question: is the Tamron VC (Vibration Compensation) compatible with the F6? And if it's not, should I get the Tamron or the Nikkor 50/1.8G?

Many thanks,
Alex
I have the F6 and the Tamron 45 f1.8, and also had the Nikon 50f1.8. The Tamron's VC works well on the F6. I found the Tamron to be sharper and better built and I prefer the 45mm focal length. The Nikon focuses just a little faster though.

Old 5 Hours Ago   #86
alexandru_voicu

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtcls100 View Post
I have the F6 and the Tamron 45 f1.8, and also had the Nikon 50f1.8. The Tamron's VC works well on the F6. I found the Tamron to be sharper and better built and I prefer the 45mm focal length. The Nikon focuses just a little faster though.

It's really good to know that, thank you for sharing such hard-to-find info. Too bad the Tamron sale ended, but I'll keep looking.