Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Classic Film RangeFinders & Other Classics > 120 / 220 film RF's

120 / 220 film RF's 120 / 220 format rangefinders including Fuji, Koni-Omega, Mamiya Press, Linhof 6x7/6x9 cameras, Mamiya 6/7 among others, but excluding the 120 folders and the Voigtlander 667 cameras that have their own forums.

Online labs that scan 120
Old 09-29-2019   #1
Ron Montad

Online labs that scan 120

Anyone have recommendations for labs in the US that do a good job processing and scanning 120 film?

There are many that will process the film, but I haven't found anyone that does a great job scanning. Many say the scans are "hand processed" but they still end up over sharpened and with too much contrast.

Old 09-29-2019   #2
charjohncarter

I've had excellent service from Bluemoon Camera and Machine in Portland, Oregon. My E-6 and C-41 always look fresh and clean. I assume some of this is because they do excellent chemical control. I have never used their scanning service so I can't comment on that.

I'm not affiliated with Bluemoon.

https://bluemooncamera.com/

I've talked to a real person at Bluemoon so I'm sure that would follow verbal or written instructions.

Old 09-29-2019   #3
markjwyatt

The Darkroom scans 120. They scan to 6x7, but not sure if they scan to 6x9.

Old 09-29-2019   #4
chipgreenberg

I send my film to The Findlab. Last week they took the time to send some samples of scans from the rolls I had sent in. I told them, no, too dark and sent some rough edits back for them to see. They adjusted accordingly before completing the scans

Old 09-29-2019   #5
denpapp

I've been using Millers in Pittsburgh Kansas and have been satisfied with the results and their service. You do have to open an account though with them.

Old 09-29-2019   #6
Tim Gray

Precision Camera does 120. They have a develop and scan special for I think $12 if you look around on their site. Their scans are pretty high resolution and good, though sometimes a hair contrasty for me.

I would be shocked if Richard Photo Lab didn't do 120 as well.

Old 09-29-2019   #7
dourbalistar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Gray View Post
Precision Camera does 120. They have a develop and scan special for I think $12 if you look around on their site. Their scans are pretty high resolution and good, though sometimes a hair contrasty for me.

I would be shocked if Richard Photo Lab didn't do 120 as well.
Precision Camera is an advertiser, and you can find their developing and scanning special on the left hand sidebar on the RFF home page. They have a good price to scan resolution ratio. Other labs charge much more for scans of similar resolution (120 6x6: 4760x4832px).

I've not used Richard Photo Lab, but they do 120 scanning as well.

flickr