Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Being a Photographer > Travel

Travel This is the place you ask for travel advice, or share your own tips. Topics include destinations, sight seeing, and best / smartest ways for traveling with a camera.

Electicity in SE Asia
Old 02-02-2014   #1
ktmrider

Electicity in SE Asia

I am leaving in a week for a month in SE Asia and am thinking of taking the M9 and was wondering as to the quality of electricity. I have one extra battery for the M9 and will be in Laos for two weeks motorcycling so wondering about problems recharging.

Last year I traveled through Thailand and Cambodia with an X100 and did just fine. However, a month in Nepal two years ago did raise concerns with frequent brown outs and power outages in Kathmandu. I figure Laos is somewhere between Nepal and Cambodia in terms of developement. So anyone with experience specifically in Laos, how is the power situation.

See the things we have to be concerned with with modern technology. I would never have to worry about this with my M2 and a few rolls of TriX.

Old 02-23-2014   #2
ktmrider

By the way, am now in Laos and electricity is a non issue.