Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Gearhead Delights > Repair / Camera Care

Repair / Camera Care This is a good place to discuss the care and repair of your photo gear. You can share Do-It-Yourself repair and maintenance, as well as your recommendations for pro repairs. This new forum was created 4/1/07. PLEASE title your thread wisely, so others searching for a certain make of camera or repair person can find your thread easily!

Hasselblad 503CW dust marks on negatives.
Old 12-28-2019   #1
jmpgino

Hasselblad 503CW dust marks on negatives.

After getting repeated dust marks on my negatives, I tracked the culprit down to the secondary shutter blind covering, breaking down. Itís a fleck of a sort and is kind of delaminating due to age. Rubbed a Q tip on them and it was just coming off so easily and was getting on the film during expos
Not got time to go into research but the stuff is not needed. So I used cotton buds and some camp stove fuel and got the fleck and glue off very easily. Looks like a new 500CM now in the back.
So if anyone has the same issue, itís an easy inexpensive fix.

Old 12-29-2019   #2
p81

Thx to that...
But could you post a picture of it please?
I'll appreciate it.

Old 01-06-2020   #3
jmpgino

I have tried posting images on here and have given up. Look at your messages, I have sent you my email. I can then send my iPad images of it all being done.

Old 01-06-2020   #4
newsgrunt

Being their last camera (hence newest), I'm surprised that the material is coming off. I've never noticed this with any of my cameras (500c/m to 503CW) so wonder what caused it to degrade...