Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Classic Film RangeFinders & Other Classics > Half Frames / Subminiatures

Half Frames / Subminiatures This forum is for all half frame 35mm cameras, including the very popular Olympus Pens and their SLR cousins, the Pen F and Pen FT, as well as all smaller than half frame subminiature film cameras.

Rollei A110 advance problem
Old 07-22-2019   #1
surlysimon

Rollei A110 advance problem

Hi
I bought a A110 and put a new battery and film in it (Lomo 200ASA slide film)
it wound to the first frame fine but when I went to advance to the next one the slide moved but not the film, I opened the film door and lifted the film out, put it back and it advanced fine. But after the shutter was released the same problem occurred.
Am I doing something wrong or is it the camera?

Old 07-26-2019   #2
seany65

I know very little about a110's and am wondering if you've got a manual for it and if not have you seen the one on the "Butkus" website? I'm looking at it now and apparently it's shutter speeds can go to 4 seconds so perhaps the shutter is open (perhaps the battery is low and so the meter is reading incorrectly) and so the film won't wind on?

I'm only vaguely guessing with that though. There is another member here who owns one, so perhaps with luck they will see this thread.

Old 07-26-2019   #3
Huss

I have two A110s and have not experienced this. I would try a different film cartridge and if it still
does it then the fault is in the camera.
Perhaps you can find some old 110 film cheap so you dont waste a fresh cartridge?

Old 07-28-2019   #4
skucera

I have an A110 that this happened to a few months after I bought it. I think that the very thin metal arms inside mine bent. I downloaded the repair manual for the A110, but the miniaturization and complexity of the parts in the drawings daunt me. I haven't tried to open it up to see if my hunch is correct.

I also have an E110 that works most of the time. Sometimes it won't advance the field, and I have to pump it once more and it will advance.

These little cameras are so cool, but fragile, so I don't use them much. I have other 110 cameras that satisfy the "gadgeteer" nerdiness in me, so I tend to use them when I need a fix for my peculiar 110 addiction.

Scott
1969 Canon New Canonet QL17-L
1976 Konica Autoreflex T3n
1977 Canon 110ED 20
1979 Minox 35 GL
1979 Olympus XA
1980 Pentax Auto 110
1987 Polaroid Spectra
1996 Canon EOS Elan IIe