Old 03-15-2013   #121
airfrogusmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCTuomey View Post
Good point. My egalitarian side wishes for more accessible Leica dRfs, so more people can enjoy them, that's all, and I don't mean being able to buy 6-7 year-old digital Ms that may or may not be serviceable. My wishing will not have any effect whatsoever on Leica's marketing and production, that much is certain.
I wish both their cameras and their great glass didn't cost so much. But they do.

Old 03-15-2013   #122
noimmunity
scratch my niche

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank-grumman View Post
Polyvalent???? Excuse my stupidity, but I'd appreciate knowing in photographic terms what that means.

In relation to the Meyerowitz youtube video, it means having BOTH the brightline OVF off-center on the body (typical of Leica and other RFs) that allows you to see outside the frame while composing the shot AND having the EVF that gives you instant TTL view on demand (typical of today's mirrorless cameras).

In terms of compositional viewing process, no other camera offers that combination. Pretty cool, huh?!

flickr
Flickr

Old 03-16-2013   #123
airfrogusmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by noimmunity View Post
In relation to the Meyerowitz youtube video, it means having BOTH the brightline OVF off-center on the body (typical of Leica and other RFs) that allows you to see outside the frame while composing the shot AND having the EVF that gives you instant TTL view on demand (typical of today's mirrorless cameras).

In terms of compositional viewing process, no other camera offers that combination. Pretty cool, huh?!
For you, I actually prefer my MM by a lot. Nice to have choices and the MM and M9 and new M are all FF.