Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Fuji X Series > Fuji X-100 Series

Fuji X-100 Series This forum is for fans of the rangefinder retrostyled Fuji X Series of digital cameras.

x100s error/freeze
Old 08-08-2018   #1
twopointeight

x100s error/freeze

I'm still using an x100s. Sometimes when I'm chimping through a series of images, I'll get an error notice and the camera stops scrolling through images. But if I take another image it is restores to its normal function. Does it freeze because of the card being used, a Sandisk 16 GB 95mbs? (prob not) Or, is chimping the problem?

Old 08-08-2018   #2
gavinlg

Quote:
Originally Posted by twopointeight View Post
I'm still using an x100s. Sometimes when I'm chimping through a series of images, I'll get an error notice and the camera stops scrolling through images. But if I take another image it is restores to its normal function. Does it freeze because of the card being used, a Sandisk 16 GB 95mbs? (prob not) Or, is chimping the problem?
Is the firmware up to date?

And do you format the card in camera every time after taking it out to transfer the photos to the computer? If not, this can cause data errors on the card.

Old 08-09-2018   #3
willie_901

What does the error message say?

The X-100S CPU should be able to handle rapid and repeated chimping.

The SDHC card should be fast enough. givinig's suggestion could eliminate your issue. It's important to format the card in camera, not using your computer (especially if you use OS X).

If you have a moderately abrasive pencil eraser, carefully clean each electrical contact on the card. Do this away from the camera. Then clean the card contact surfaces with lens cleaner and a Q-Tip or just carefully wipe them to make certain no eraser debris can get in the camera.

Lastly, try a new card.
Basically, I mean, ah—well, let’s say that for me anyway when a photograph is interesting, it’s interesting because of the kind of photographic problem it states—which has to do with the . . . contest between content and form.
Garry Winogrand
williamchuttonjr.com

Old 08-09-2018   #4
Out to Lunch

If and when you were in continuous shooting mode and then, immediately clicked on the chimping mode, this is what could happen.