Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Gearhead Delights > Photo Accessories / Bags/ Meters / Tripods etc

Photo Accessories / Bags/ Meters / Tripods etc A place to discuss the delights of photo accessories, including bags, meters, tripods, filters, straps, camera cases, lens hoods, anything non digital that can make your gearhead life a little bit more enjoyable.

Godox anyone? A technical question
Old 12-22-2019   #1
PaulDalex
Dilettante artist

Godox anyone? A technical question

Hi all,
I was looking at the Godox remote Xpro at Amazon, and I noted that a reviewer states that it works across different systems.
If I understand well, it means that, for example, using the O version of the remote on a Olympus digital camera, one can control a Nikon version of the Godox V1 flash.
Is that true?
Has anybody tested this feature?
It seems to me quite interesting, because one could buy a single flash, and then use it with cameras of different brands, by means of dedicated remotes.
Thanks in advance for your comments.
Cheers
Paolo

Old 01-04-2020   #2
GarageBoy

I believe that is true - http://flashhavoc.com/godox-flash-system-overview/

Old 01-04-2020   #3
ranger9

Yes, that's true. The camera version of the various flashes only refers to what type of hot "foot" is mounted. The wireless controllers are the same in terms of flash foot -- e.g. you need a Fuji controller to use on a Fuji camera-- but they all use Godox's own protocol to communicate by radio with the flash units, and work with any Godox X flash (or the equivalent Flashpoint flashes.)

For example, I own an AD600, an AD400 Pro, an AD 200, a Fuji-flavor V1, and a couple of Nikon-flavor V860-IIs. I also own a Fuji-flavor X-Pro remote, an Olympus-flavor X remote, and a Flashpoint single-pin remote (a slick, very compact little unit not made by Godox but compatible with their protocols.) All these things work interchangeably with each other. It's kind of amazing. I wish more photography stuff worked this way.

Old 01-04-2020   #4
PaulDalex
Dilettante artist

GarageBoy,ranger9,
Thank you so much!
So I am willing to buy a XPRO remote and try by myself.
Wow this is very nice and unique feature for people that use different systems!
Cheers
Paolo