Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Digital Cameras > Micro 4/3 Cameras Olympus Panasonic

Micro 4/3 Cameras Olympus Panasonic This forum is for all Micro 4/3 cameras of any camera make.

Panasonic GX9
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1
biomed

Panasonic GX9

For many years I was satisfied with my GX7s and was bound and determined not to get any new gear. Well, we all know how that goes. I just picked up a GX9. I find it to be a very nice camera that fills my needs well. The small grip doe not bother me at all. I always use a tripod with my long lenses. The EVF seems to be a source of complaint for many reviewers. but with my degrading eyes, it has caused me no problems. I will probably increase the EVF refresh rate to eliminate the "rainbowing" of the data displayed across the bottom of the display. I haven't noticed any color tearing in the EVF displayed image. Still looking at the newer features. What amazed me is that the GX9 uses the same battery as my GX7 and LX100. Used to be that a camera upgrade required investing in another set of batteries. I would be interested in hearing comments/tips from other GX9 users.

2019 Photos

rff Gallery

Blog

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #2
peterm1

I have the GX 7 still and one thing I did to improve handling (although handling is not bad) was to buy a half case for it. I did this recently and was pleasantly surprised at how much the small increase in overall size contributed to improving its "feel" in hand. I dare say you could do the much same with the GX 9 if the size comes to bother you. I was lucky - as the GX 7 is now outdated I picked up a brand new half case for it for $20 plus postage. I believe these were originally listed at well over $100. Still it is nicely made.

Good luck with the camera. I am still happy with the gX 7 but no doubt will upgrade perhaps to a 9 at some stage (I usually buy second hand a couple of years after a given model is released. This still gives me a fairly modern camera but at much reduced cost).

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #3
biomed

Thanks, Peter. The GX7 is one of the best of Panasonic's line up, IMO.

Mike

2019 Photos

rff Gallery

Blog

Old 1 Week Ago   #4
kshapero
Growing with experience

Had a GX8, then went for the GX9. Missed the better EVF and weather resistant body, so back to the GX8, but do miss the IBIS upgrade the GX9 has.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kshapero

Cameras, Lenses and Photos

Old 1 Week Ago   #5
Archlich

The Japanese naming scheme reflects the position of the later GX cameras more accurately:

GX7 = GX7
GX8 = GX8
GX85 = GX7 Mk II
GX9 = GX7 Mk III

So the GX9 is really a successor to the GX7 line, which makes a lot of sense.

I found these to be excellent and surprisingly hefty cameras. Must just be me but I do somehow prefer the fixed, less fiddly viewfinder of the GX85...

I imagine to ride the current trend of putting top AF & other spec into even the most entry level offerings, the next GX will have Panasonic's newer 153 point AF system in order to be competitive. They'll become some hard-hitting little powerhouses.

Old 2 Days Ago   #6
biomed

GX9 selfie

2019 Photos

rff Gallery

Blog