Rangefinder vs Electronic viewfinder
Old 10-22-2016   #1
thjk

Rangefinder vs Electronic viewfinder

I just notice it when I use EVF 2 on my M-P 240. At the same time when the EVF2 is in-focus (picture will also come out well focused and sharp), I notice that the picture view finder is not in-focus. And whenever I make the viewfinder in-focus, the picture will come out blurred. I am now using 50mm summilux asph lens.

I am not sure this come from my eyes' problem or camera's?

Old 10-22-2016   #2
peterm1

Sounds like a rangefinder calibration or a lens calibration problem from your description. Just to confirm, do you mean that when the rangefinder images are not aligned, but the EVF is in focus the resulting image is properly focused? And when the rangefinder images are aligned (and therefore supposedly the lens is properly focused) the image is out of focus? If so that is definitely a camera rangefinder adjustment issue or a lens adjustment issue. (An out of adjustment lens would still focus accurately with the EVF as the EVF relies purely on the image through the lens not the mechanical alignment of the lenses focusing mechanism which only affects the rangefinder.)

Old 10-22-2016   #3
thjk

Yes, your confirmation is correct. If so, I will use the other lens to check whether it comes from lens or rangefinder.

Old 10-23-2016   #4
jaapv
RFF Sponsoring Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thjk View Post
I just notice it when I use EVF 2 on my M-P 240. At the same time when the EVF2 is in-focus (picture will also come out well focused and sharp), I notice that the picture view finder is not in-focus. And whenever I make the viewfinder in-focus, the picture will come out blurred. I am now using 50mm summilux asph lens.

I am not sure this come from my eyes' problem or camera's?
The Summilux 50 asph is known for focus issues due to the complexity of the floating element mechanism. Send it in, preferably together with the body.

jaapvphotography

Old 10-26-2016   #5
thjk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaapv View Post
The Summilux 50 asph is known for focus issues due to the complexity of the floating element mechanism. Send it in, preferably together with the body.
I think you are right Jaap. I now try again with my 35 Summilux asph but do not have the same issue as 50 Lux.