Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Leicas and other Leica Mount Cameras > Leica M10, 240 family, M-P, M60

Old 11-21-2016   #41
Fotobot

I'd like a feature that will never happen: affordability.

Old 11-25-2016   #42
jaapv
RFF Sponsoring Member.

And that is exactly Leica's problem. There are many ways in which the camera could be improved in the light of newer technology, but there is very little that would make it a better or more desirable photographic tool.

jaapvphotography

Old 12-18-2016   #43
Leica Geek

A sensor that allows for micro adjustments to M Lenses and the ability to save the profiles on coded or non-coded lenses. Cleaner files at the higher ISO's, thinner and lighter bodies, built in diopter, live view that works as good as the fuji rear screen, more prominent focus peaking, faster start up times, and reduced lag when shooting in continuous mode and more frames per second.

Old 12-18-2016   #44
ingsy

I would like long exposure capability. I believe the M240 is limited to 60 second exposures, even in bulb mode, making nighttime photography a challenge.

Old 12-19-2016   #45
tom.w.bn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leica Geek View Post
A sensor that allows for micro adjustments to M Lenses and the ability to save the profiles on coded or non-coded lenses.
The term "micro adjustment" is normally used for tuning the AF of a camera. I don't understand how you want this to work with a MF camera. Could you explain this?

Old 12-19-2016   #46
Fraser

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom.w.bn View Post
The term "micro adjustment" is normally used for tuning the AF of a camera. I don't understand how you want this to work with a MF camera. Could you explain this?
A bit like the nikons with the electronic rangefinder that can still be adjusted even when using a mf lens.

Old 12-19-2016   #47
willie_901

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraser View Post
A bit like the nikons with the electronic rangefinder that can still be adjusted even when using a mf lens.
True, but one is still adjusting the Nikon AF system's calibration.

The green dot's behavior is affected by AF micro-focus parameters. Of course there's no way to mechanically change the focus without human intervention. The only difference is a person moves the lens barrel based on the green dot feedback.

I think it would be awkward to implement the same sort of sei-automatic lens specific focus calibration with a mechanical, optical RF. In principle one could replace the mechanical RF focus adjustment screws with micro-electrical servomotors. Then adjustment parameters could be stored in-camera.

In practice I suspect the servomotprs might be too large to maintain the M body shape and very few customers would be interested in paying for the R&D and manufacturing costs.

williamchuttonjr.com

Old 12-19-2016   #48
Fraser

Quote:
Originally Posted by willie_901 View Post
True, but one is still adjusting the Nikon AF system's calibration.

The green dot's behavior is affected by AF micro-focus parameters. Of course there's no way to mechanically change the focus without human intervention. The only difference is a person moves the lens barrel based on the green dot feedback.

I think it would be awkward to implement the same sort of sei-automatic lens specific focus calibration with a mechanical, optical RF. In principle one could replace the mechanical RF focus adjustment screws with micro-electrical servomotors. Then adjustment parameters could be stored in-camera.

In practice I suspect the servomotprs might be too large to maintain the M body shape and very few customers would be interested in paying for the R&D and manufacturing costs.
Yes I think you are right considering leica doesn't even give the owner the ability to map-out dead pixels its unlikely they will let them adjust the focus point!

Old 12-19-2016   #49
Joe Jesus
rancid man

I'd like to see the new digital M drive used M9 prices under $2k. The M8 is tempting, if only it were full frame.

Old 12-19-2016   #50
Darthfeeble
Accidental Photographer

How about Sensor Cleaning? Like every digital camera in the last half decade has had. I wouldn't mind smaller but that's not a deal breaker. Cheaper isn't the Leica way so why even mention it?