Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Rangefinder Forum > Help / Feedback forum

Help / Feedback forum This area should address site improvements and help with the forum.

Adding camera to Gallery list
Old 07-19-2016   #1
lynnb

Adding camera to Gallery list

Use this thread to request the addition of a camera to the Personal Camera Selection Form (which you can find in My Menu - Cameras).

Mods: I couldn't find a thread for this. Please delete this if one already exists, and make a sticky for it. Otherwise please make a sticky for this thread.

Old 07-21-2016   #2
Doug

Cameras are listed differently than lenses and films, and cannot be added/edited in the same way. As one uploads a photo to the gallery, the camera manufacturer name and camera model are pulled from the EXIF info automatically. In the absence of EXIF, one can manually enter this in the Photo Detail Editor fields.

This gets messy, as the same model of camera is entered in different inconsistent ways by different (or at different times by even the same!) members.

In the interests of consistency, a member can populate his own camera list under the "My Menu" menu in the Gallery... see "Cameras" on that menu. At left is the full and inconsistent list compiled from everyone's entries. From this list, pick out the entry that you feel best describes your camera and click the checkbox. At the bottom is a button to save the changes, and the clicked camera model will then appear in your own personal camera list at right.

From here, when you post a new photo that doesn't have EXIF, then you can pick from a pop-up menu in the Photo Detail Editor reflecting your own camera list. I hope I've got this right, as it's been quite a while since I manually chose from that list...

Requests for Personal Camera Selection Form
Old 09-25-2016   #3
tbransco

Requests for Personal Camera Selection Form

Please add "Meopta Flexaret VII" and "Pentax KM" to the Personal Camera Selection Form

Thanks,

Old 09-25-2016   #4
filmtwit
Desperate but not serious

and Fuji TX-1 (and TX-2)

The Flickr Stream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/filmtwit/

The Blog (Boring Sidney, Boring)
http://jeffthomasallen.blogspot.com/

Old 09-25-2016   #5
Doug

Please re-read post #2 for instructions on adding/selecting a camera!